Remind me who I am

First things first - My new med is kicking my butt. Or maybe I should say head. I have been having horrible headaches that make me want to stay in bed. But after having restless legs again for some weird reason last night (which is what the med is for) I realized that I can handle the headaches because it gets rid of that. Don't get me wrong the headaches are bad but the leg pain makes me want to cry. That kind of pain is my least favorite. I would rather have neither pain so I would love for you to pray with me that my body would adjust to the med without it giving me headaches.

The above is also part of the reason that their are no pictures of the house this week. After I get my activities for the day done I just want to come home and crash. So I don't make it to the house to get pictures but I will make it a point to go sometime this week.

Besides the headaches this week has been fun. I have gotten to laugh till my stomach hurt with friends that I love dearly. Along with that I continue to learn so much at the society. On Wednesday's we started a seven week class type thing where we have a group of kids from St. Anne's come in and we help them for about an hour find information about their family tree. I feel like I am learning with them how to research your family tree. I tried to take a genealogy class at school but it got canceled due to lack of interest. I have been helping with some big projects at the high school as well. I feel like I can use the things I learned at school and build on them which I enjoy doing.

And it's helping remind me who I am.


I have had this sound stuck in my head for quite a few days and I need it there.

For awhile I feel like I have lost focus of who I am. I have been filled with doubt and have been unsure about life.

Though I have constant reminders around me I don't always notice them and take those truths in. I feel like recently I have been to some extent because I have wonderful people in my life who in a way shut me down with the truth. Without knowing it they have made it so that doubt has no room just when doubt is trying to sneak in. Their confidence in me makes me want to be more confident in me again. So then I know that I have a better chance to kick out doubt when they aren't around.

The encouragement from them of being reminded that I am known and loved is just what I need. As a result I can see the encouragement coming from more unlikely places. Like all the people who have encouraged me to apply for the job in my hometown and who believe I can do good thing there. Or encouragement from people that I am still getting to know who already agree with my friends about some of my better traits.

After the encouragement of this week of who I am it's nice to look back and see that I am less insecure than a year ago or even two months ago. I'm still a work in progress and the progress is slow but slow progress is still progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day