Some January Updates

A couple different things happened this week.

I've known for a while that a job that I want will be opening up soon. That's pretty exciting. But what has been exciting for me this week is all the people that have told me to use them as a reference or have given me advice about the job. That feels pretty incredible. While being told to dream big I was also told that God will blow my mind with what he wants to do for me. Right now I am feeling blown away by everything good that is being said about me. I did not expect that. I am grateful for the good that others see in me. Besides that in itself being good all of that is also making me feel like this job I want is a real possibility. It has been humbling to hear so many people that I look up to and respect speak so highly of me and want to continue to speak highly of me.

Another thing we celebrated this week was that all the old flooring is up at the house. That feels like it has taken forever as there were so many layers of flooring in some places. The furnace is also running so that helps with the cold there. I don't think they have the other heaters on now which is nice because they were loud. Having the floor up and the furnace running means even more things can be done at the house. If you want to help with something you can always contact dad and find out what they need help with and when they will be at the house.

I had a doctors appointment in Peoria this week as well. I said during the week that I am thankful for a doctor who meets patients early. We were sitting downstairs in the building going over my notes of things to talk to my doctor about and my doctor came in the building so we followed him upstairs. He even said "What are you doing down here? You know I'll see you early." Gosh I love having him as a doctor.

I should say we had already been in Peoria for a few hours to stop at a few different places and get some lunch. We ate at Steak n Shake and if you are planning to go anytime soon try the garlic double burger - it's my favorite. So good.  

Anywho back to my appointment, mom and I got in the office about an hour before my scheduled time. One of the first things I told him was about Alex and he wanted to hear everything. He thought it was so cool that I heard from the donor family. He wanted to hear about the accident and why they ended up writing to me. We spent quite a bit of time talking about that.
I also was put on some new meds which didn't bother me this time. I have been having some chest palpitations so he put me on a med for that. I feel like we tried not having me on heart meds and then my heart started acting up again so back to meds. It is nice to lay down and not feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.
I am on another stomach med again that is making it easier for me to eat too. It is a huge pill that is hard to swallow and it dissolves fast. Sometimes I end up with grit from it in my mouth but at least it doesn't taste gross.
I told him how my restless legs are keeping me up so he put me on a new med for that as well. The first night it put me right to sleep. Last night I still was up a lot but I didn't feel like electricity was running through my veins. Even though it's only been two days with these meds it's nice to feel like I am actually getting rest at night when I lie in bed. I will say I am a little nervous about the side effects of the restless leg med. Some of them seem scary so be praying that I can stay calm about all that.

My appointment was on Thursday and on the drive home we were even more happy that my doctor saw us early because the ride home was rough. A lot of drifting on the roads and white out conditions here and there. But we made it home safe.

With all the crazy weather here in the midwest and I am sure elsewhere keep safe this week as you travel. May you be blown away by what God is doing in your life too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day