A few quick notes before I get into what I really want to talk about

1st - I know I have said it before but gosh I love living in a small town...this week so many people did cool things for us...like some anonymous person paying for the repair work we had done on mom's car which included new tires...or Venier's fixing dad's pocket watch for free...that's like the fourth free thing they have done for us...ya'll are too good to us...

2nd - My iron IV on Wednesday went ok I felt a little sickish afterwards but they did give it to me kind of fast...and Thursday I was sick part of the day too...but no big deal...and my hemoglobin went up...when it was drawn on Monday it was 6.6 then when it was drawn on Wednesday it was 7.3...so that was pretty great...also on a health note a have a few people who are trying to get tested right now as possible donors so we will see where that goes...

3rd - I had a great time on Thursday watching the rain fall and people pass the house while I was sitting on the front porch with my dad first and then my brother Garrett followed by Mak and them my girl Nicole...I love days like that...where I am content to do nothing and I am with people who are content with that too and just want to spend time with me...myself and some of my friends did photos with Chris Padgett later that day and I guess we looked hippie-ish/gypsy-ish...which I guess happens when a bunch of girls are all wearing my clothes...whatever...

4th - Mom, Dad, and myself were in the paper this weekend...here's the link... http://www.saukvalley.com/2012/07/26/frye-family-fights-through-lifes-obstacles/andrac6/
Some of the facts are wrong...dad's accident was the 24th not the 25th and he was on his way to work not home from work...also my Aunt Frannie contacted Zachary herself not through Make-a-Wish...and I was airlifted to Peoria not Rockford...but whatever...it was a little weird to see parts of my blog in the paper as well...

5th - IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!! For those of you who don't know what Shark Week is, it is on Discovery Channel and well the whole week they play shows about sharks'. My brother Cory got me hooked on Shark Week a couple years ago and my best friend Nicole's favorite animals are sharks so Shark Week is kind of a big deal around here.

Now lets get down to business...

This week I really want to talk about my mom Dina Kae Frye...brag about her really...I know a lot of people think they have the best mom...and they are probably right because well they have the best mom for them...but I like to think that I have the best mom in general...I was thinking the other day about all the "kids" she has besides Ash, Mike, and myself...and well right now my mom has like 20 kids that she calls her sons or her daughters and there have been many more besides them...it's crazy to me to think about all those lives that she has touched in some way...she is constantly pouring her life into others...take for example right now...she takes care of me and is the only one who can do that because of how we have to be trained on the machine...she takes care of dad because well that's her husband...and she works at the high school to make sure we still have insurance...that's like three full time jobs...two of which she never really gets break from because she lives with two super sick people...and on top of that she does all this other cool stuff too like doing a girls bible study once a week from our house...she is as I often say amazeballs...I don't know how she does it...true recently she has been really worn out...and she has been frustrated and feels like she has no time to herself...she tried to plan all her events of Saturday so that she had them done in the morning so that she could actually enjoy the rest of the weekend and spend it how she wanted...my mom is an incredible lady...I often wonder if this is what she imagined her life would be like when she was younger...I bet she didn't...most people don't...but my mom has taken it all in and moved on with life and the challenges that come her way...

I know that I always say I want to be like different strong women like Pat Benatar, Pink, Queen Latifah, Wonder Woman, and many others...but the truth of it is that I really want to be like my mom...I want to be compassionate and care for others endlessly giving of myself...I want to be strong and be able to face all the things life throws at me...I want to be someone that people look up to and love learning from...I want to be beautiful not just in looks but in spirit too (p.s. my mom is a babe)...I want to be honest with people no matter what the cost...I want to glorify God no matter what happens in my life and trust him to take me through every storm in life...I want to be all these things and more that my mom is...I want to be the type of person that lights up a room...that brings the party...and that people want to be around...

People say that kids turn into their parents...and sometimes kids and parents get nervous about that...parents think that they will pass on all these bad traits to their children...and a lot of children think that their parents are annoying and don't want to be like them...I may be one of the few in saying that I would love to be like my mom...I have no problem with sounding and acting more and more like her everyday...because she is an amazing woman of God who anyone is lucky to know...

Comments

  1. I love you girl. Your mom is truly amazing, and I think you two are practically twins.

    I miss you guys.

    I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day