Despite my trepidation...

Today turned out to be a pretty good day...a busy day but a good day...
(you should know right away that I am in the mood to write so this might be a little all over the place)

I was nervous about today because I had an iron IV...as many of you know those sometimes make me sick and often times my veins are hard to stick to get an IV started...so as a result I don't really eat before I go in for my iron IV so there is nothing in my stomach for it to get upset over...and I wear a hoodie around no matter how hot it is so that I can keep my veins warm in hope that my actions will help the nurses later...today was a good day because my efforts worked...

Today I also feel super accomplished because I went grocery shopping for mom...which has become normal around here...also I got some beautiful flowers from Flowers Etc. and I have no idea who they are from...the note thing was encouraging and cute though...and I wrote my last paper under my bachelor's degree...and I did it earlier than I needed to...it's not due till Sunday at midnight Arizona time...but I did it today...booom!...feeling pretty great about myself...though my arm does hurt a little because I am not really supposed to lift anything with my left arm (aka my fistula arm) because fistulas can be gentle and fragile...but I have stuff to do so I don't always listen...gosh I would hate to be my doctor...I have a hard time following rules sometimes...

I have some other good news too...don't get too excited we don't know anything on the donor front yet...I think I would pee my pants if that was my news...the news is that I am going to volunteer at the Dixon High School Library...I originally wanted to volunteer at the Dixon Public Library but I contacted them a number of times and no one ever called me back...but I will take what I can get...and well this word nerd it super excited...I talked to the Principal Mr. Grady on Monday about it and he said that would be great...and then I went and saw my Aunt Frannie out at the main office for Dixon Public Schools to fill out paper work...after that I went to the police station where a very unfriendly front desk man scared me...I wanted to say "I'm not a criminal, don't be so sort with me, I just asked you where I should go"...but then after that everyone was super friendly to me...when you volunteer at the school you have to be fingerprinted and have a background check done...the finger printing thing was kind of cool...and then I went back to the school and I am basically ready to volunteer...but I still need to talk to the librarian Lee Ann...who I have known for a long time (she was my librarian when I was in grade school and our families go way back)...and see what she wants me to do and when she wants me to come in...I seriously am super excited about this and well nerding out a little...

And I know this stuff isn't really related but I often complain on here when I have had a bad day so I thought I would share with you why today was a good day...I think its good for people to know that though I do have a lot of days where I feel like a sick kid and I feel like I am dying and I am a super moody Mandy...I also have good days where I can't get over how good God is to me and how blessed I am...I have days that are super shitty and depressing and I have days when life is fun and almost energizing...

Sometimes I think if life is that fun now when I am sick...how much better will it be when I have a new (though loving used) kidney...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day