Encouragement

This week was interesting only because I ended up getting sick. I've been informed that what was going on with me was a migraine. I would love if that never happened again. I was useless all day.

But I still was able to get into the school library one day and the society one day. I got to hear that some of the people at the society have been talking to people from the library I want to work in to tell them what I have been up to. It's encouraging that people would want to see me succeed and keep me around. I have been trying to document those times of encouragement so that I can remember them later.

In other news from the week I have been listening to Jason Gray a lot. It's nice to hear a familiar voice speak truth and take that truth into my life. One of the songs I have been listening to this week that I feel like I haven't heard in forever is "The Letter." I forgot how much I loved this song. I found encouragement in this song that I needed.

I often have a hard time paying attention when I am trying to read my Bible. I find my mind wanders and I often can't seem to remember what I just read. So towards the end of December I told myself to start reading the Bible out loud during my "devo time." (I wish I had a better name for that.) I wanted to do that to help me pay attention and to fill some of the silence that can sometimes take up residence in my apartment. And it's been tough to stand by that. I am in the Old Testament and I still find myself wanting to give up because the laws and regulations of the old covenant can drag on and on. While listening to Jason's song I have found some encouragement in these words -

"I'd hoped you'd read it out loud, the sound unseeding every doubt as my love found expression in your voice. You will not deny me then or ever doubt your worth again or ever wonder if you were my choice."

Though reading through the Old Testament with the old covenant has been hard it has been good to see again how inviting the new covenant is. To better understand the value and worth we all have under the new.



To those of you who like me are in this crazy winter weather stay safe and stay warm. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day