This Week Condensed

This week I have been feeling a little sick. My stomach has been upset and I've had some intestine pains. That and the cold made it so that I haven't really wanted to go out much.

I did go to the school one day and the society one day. Not much is going on there. I've been checking books at the school to see when they were last checked out. And we are still working with the kids from St. Anne's at the Society.

I've been a bit nervous and anxious this week. I feel like every time I have started to feel that way recently God has given me encouragement in some way. This week it came from Joshua 21:45 -

Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

Though reading about Israel in the dessert and more has been hard for me to read it was good to see this. The Lord made some big promises to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. To know that all of those promises were fulfilled reminds me that God does not and cannot fail. 

I needed that this week. I needed that reminder that God is faithful forever. That the promises he made to me will come true. Maybe not when I think they should come true - maybe even forty years later - but they will come true. There is something beautiful in that to me. That when God says something will happen it happens. That is a reminder I often need. 

I also got to read the story of Eglon and Ehud in Judges 3:12-30. It's a weird story but I love it. He uses his difference to his advantage. Every time I read it I remember how I got to tell some of my sword knowledge in Sunday school class to explain how he was able to get into the presence of King Eglon with a weapon. I know very little about very little so when I know something and can teach others something I get a little excited.

Also this week my Grandpa Bill died. He was my dad's stepdad. He lived in Missouri and had been sick for quite some time. I didn't really get to see him often or really know him. But I know that he was good for my Grandma Helen. They were a good fit and were happy together and that is always a good thing. Be praying for the family as they mourn his passing and travel to the funeral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day