Thoughts after a meeting from this week

This week at work we had a meeting of sorts where we had what we called staff development for just the library staff. A few days before the meeting we all took a personality test and then in the meeting we discussed those personality types. With the staff development part we were able to learn about each others likes and dislikes to learn how to better work together. We also were able to think about how to better use each others skills based on our personality types. It ended up being kind of cool and has already helped me chill out when working with a lady that sometimes rubs me the wrong way. Even just being able to remind myself that that is how she thinks and that is ok has been a help and has made me less irritable at work. Not that I have lashed out on anyone but I have complained a lot to mom and dad.

I still love my job but I don't always like working with her.

Anyway taking this personality test and in turn talking about it has gotten me thinking about why I am the way I am. For example I have always known that I like to have everything organized because it gives me some sense of control in this crazy, unpredictable life of mine.

I also pride myself on being a logical thinker. I like to make pros and cons lists and I like to look at the facts of a situation. I feel like I can't make a wise decision if I don't. I don't like my emotions to have any role in my decision making process at all. Though that can lead me to making what I feel is the right decision and at times be called practical I can also trample on people's feelings and be called things that are not so nice. When I think about why I am this way it also makes sense to me with all of my health issues. If I were to make a decision based on my emotions I would never get anywhere or I would throw in the towel and be done with life. But I am a head thinker not a heart thinker and so I am still here.

It's interesting to me how things like that can shape us in completely different ways without knowing it. Not everyone that has health issues is a logical thinker and that's ok. It is interesting to me how we naturally respond to whatever comes our way and how those responses bleed into other parts of our lives like our personalities.

It is one of the complex things about us - humans - that not only makes me stop and wonder but also marvel. What kind of Father in Heaven we have that he would give us these various ways to respond to all life has for us. What kind of Creator we have that would give us the ability to think and feel and so much more. It is one of the things about him that mystifies me and leaves me in awe. And it is also something that makes me stop and think not just about how I was made but the one who made me. I often find that as I learn more about myself I learn more about my Abba Father.

How he works that out to happen is staggering. And it reminds me how grateful I am that I serve the God who longs to know us and be known by us so much so that he is woven into every part of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day