Humble me

This week has been tough on many levels.

At work I have been having a hard time relaxing and not getting overwhelmed and stressed by all the things that come across my desk. I am in the middle of multiple projects and that can be nerve wracking for me because I would rather just have one project going at a time so I feel like I can give it my full attention. I know that having multiple going is normal but I am still learning to not put crazy expectations on myself about having them all done right away. If you think of it pray that I would calm down and not put so much pressure on myself to be perfect.

At my house I am having a really hard time with my landlord. As many of you may know the power went out Wednesday night because of a storm that went through. I was at work at the time which was a little nerve wracking. I did have a lot of people there looking out for me including one of the night janitors who came up to check on me after the lights flickered. Then Thursday morning I didn't have time to check everything after the power came back on because I had to get to Peoria for a doctor's appointment. I didn't realize until later in the day that my furnace hadn't kicked back on. I called my landlord (the wife, it's a couple) as soon as I realized. And then when I got home that night after already having a rough, long day I had a note from my landlord (the husband) about not calling so late in the day. I have already had some other problems with him and that for me still has me upset. I even went and looked at a different place yesterday but it's not for me. Will you be praying that I can find a new place with a landlord that doesn't make me feel like an inconvenience?

At my doctor's appointment I got news I was not expecting. I thought it was going to be a normal check up with no real news. He and his nurse are happy that I love my job so much. That was fun to see their smiles and hear the joy in their voices. Finding a doctor that truly cares about you and invests in your life is a big freaking deal. Anyway back to the news - my doctor was going over my blood work with me and my creatinine is up again. It is at 1.2 and he wants to do a biopsy if it gets to 1.3. I really don't want to do a biopsy because the recovery is painful and I will have to miss work. I have been trying to drink a lot of fluids since receiving this news but I am still nervous about my next blood test. Will you pray with me that my creatinine goes down and stays down so that I don't have to do a biopsy?

After all of this I found myself talking to a dear friend on the phone Friday night. I love talking to her and she was telling me some of her challenges this week and how things that I have said have helped her deal with some things and some people this week. Every time I hear that from anyone I find myself floored. And often times the chorus of this song plays in my head.


I am humbled that people that I care about would listen to the things that I say and remember those things in daily life. Humbled that the small things I do in this life could mean so much to others lives. Humbled that the honesty of this nobody could be used to help shape lives. Humbled that God would use me to speak truth.

And humbled that even on the hard days when I am the worst to deal with God would still walk beside me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day