Happy Thanksgiving.

After being at mom and dad's since Thursday night I am back at my place. And even though it isn't that far away it is always hard to come back. Even though I really do love my job it is hard to come back. And every time I leave mom and dad's house to head back here I feel like I could cry the whole way home and I have to tell myself I can't or I won't be able to drive. Being away from my family sucks. I am not a person who always handles that well. And so I am constantly having to remind myself to focus on the positives of not living in the same town as them. So instead of continuing to think about how it sucks to be away from my family here are some of my favorite things form the last few days...

- Watching the parade (as always) and my sister and brother-in-law coming over to watch it. Also explaining to my brother-in-law who doesn't often watch the parade that yes the singers are lip syncing and yes they suck at it but that's part of the fun.
- Mom being able to watch the parade with us because the kitchen and living room are one big space! Gosh there were so many parts of the day where we would mention that because even if someone was cooking or getting food or whatever none of us missed out on anything because we were in different rooms. Which reminds me...
- First holiday in the new house!!!! We talked about some of the things we would have been working on a year ago including how at this point last year the house had no roof.
- My nephews were cracking me up so much. Not just at Thanksgiving but at dinner Saturday night when we celebrated my nephew turning 10! What!?! He's entering that "I'm too cool for everything" phase and it can be annoying but then there are moments when his love for whatever is happening peeks through in a smile or the way he looks at us and that makes me so happy.
- Puzzling. We puzzled all of Thanksgiving and then all weekend. It was nice to put puzzles together with other people since I normally do them by myself and to not have to bend over my coffee table.
- Homemade food and not just on Thanksgiving. Guys I don't really cook that much for myself. Because I get home late I often don't feel like cooking so I will stick some frozen something in the oven which really isn't cooking. So being able to enjoy mom's cooking was a treat these past few days.
- Seeing people at church. I got to see a dear friend of mine who is a great mom (yes you Autty!) and I love seeing her with her husband. She has dated some jerks so to see her happy and well loved, gosh that makes my heart so happy. Also I got to see the Kerr's. I was not expecting to see Gar cause I figured he was back where he lives now so turning around and seeing his smiling face was a treat. And then I sneak attacked Mini and it was so good. I will never have a moment like that again. He didn't know I was behind him but I shoved him and he almost fell over. hahahaha He loves having me as a sister. No for real he does.
- Oh and big moment, I told my brother-in-law that I enjoy him. Now I am known as someone who does not like people. So the fact that I told him I enjoy him is a pretty big compliment. That's actually one of the highest compliments I think I probably give people. Now I am going to have to think about that.

I am sure there are more moments that I loved and that made me laugh but those are the ones I can think of now.

I hope you had a wonderful few days celebrating with the people you love as well and can list as many and more things that reminded you of how thankful you are for life and love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day