Run Free

This week has been hard. Work has been stressful and crazy in part due to my inability to relax about things and in part due to mistakes made by people in my department that have upset everyone because they effect more than just us. That has been fun to deal with and I have been exhausted this week.

On the bright side I got a great haircut this week! And my ultra-sound went well with nothing something up on the ultra-sound. Though we still don't know for sure why my blood work looks the way it does its nice to have that out of the way. And momma and papa Kerr were in town yesterday on their way further south to see family and we went out for lunch. I always enjoy being around them as I believe that they and their boys are great at accepting people as they are. Also we had some delish pizza at this place that my kidney doctor recommended I try.

Now on to other things.

I love this...

Isaiah 61:1-3
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,
 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
    and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor."

But even more than that I love this...

Like 4:16-21

"He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
 'The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, 
     to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.'
 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him.  He began by saying to them, 'Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.'"

So when after downloading Jon Foreman's latest ep Dawn I breifly lost my mind when this song (Run Free) started playing...


Here's the thing. I love that one of the first things Jesus did was to say I've come to bring freedom and life and sight and favor. He came to comfort and love. Sometimes that truth hits me hard. That God who could do anything would come not to condemn us or destroy us but to welcome us into his loving arms as his daughters and sons. That blows me away and brings me to my knees. 

Often when I read my Bible I hear words similar to the chorus of this song "Won't you run free?" When I am reading I see this beautiful letter written to me calling me a daughter of the most high King and that freedom pulls at me to not live in shame or fear but to "dance like a prisoner released" and to put on "a crown of beauty instead of ashes." 

I wish I could say this is always easy but as a human being doubts still creep in and shame still tries to take over with crippling fear. Sometimes that happens daily as I struggle to wade through everything that the deceiver tries to throw at me. But on those times when I call on my heavenly father he tells me the same thing "won't you run free?"

And so I am free to be me - a librarian, a nerd, a hippy, a lover of Jesus.

I'm sure you've heard him calling to you too and so I pose the same question, "Won't you run free?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day