Rough but Good

Guys this week has been rough but also incredibly good.

First rough because we have been sorting through 1000 books since Wednesday night as fast as we can. One of our locations closed and we thought we were going to get the books from there much sooner. Since we didn't we have only about a week to sort and re-catalog all of them. That may not sound like a lot but with all the places we have to check it is. Also at the moment only our librarian is doing the re-cataloging which is a lot of work for her. We are getting it done but I think it is wearing us all out. I know it is me.

Also this week has been rough because my insomnia has been worse than normal. I try not to talk about it much because posting about how I am wake in bed at 2:00 am again won't change it. Also every one has reason why they are tired. But this week has had me feeling a bit like a zombie - unable to sleep and cranky. So normal things have made me more emotional cause I feel like my brain hasn't had rest for me to be able to process things rationally.

If you were in the same shoes this week hopefully we both get some sleep tonight.

But this week has also been good. I have felt valued and noticed that I am valued at my job. Which is always nice.

Also good this week was celebrating 25 years since I first got sick on the same day I celebrated 18 years since my first transplant. Sometimes it amazes me all the extra life God has given me. Sometimes it amazes me that something that can be so rough and hard to bare can also be the best kind of reminder of my own need for Jesus.  

And the big thing is I got to see my brother Gar yesterday. I was trying to think of the last time I saw him - BOND maybe? I don't know all I know is that it is hard being away from friends and family. And I know it's not just me that feels this. Growing up and moving away from everything and everyone you know and love sucks.

But it also makes the times when you get to see them that much sweeter.

May you have sweet moments this week where dear friends remind you that you are cared for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day