Great Few Days

I ma so sorry ya'll. I just remembered I was gonna post today. I  didn't want to post yesterday at my normal time because I was so grouchy and emotional. I get that way when I am tired and I hadn't slept more than four hours a night for the previous 5 nights. Anyway I got some sleep last night so I am in a better mood today.

Basically the last couple days have been incredible.

First I found something really cool in archives. I cannot wait until I can tell you all about it. It has reminded me that I am good at what I do and that I am in the right field. A lot of people where I work are pretty excited about it and so glad I found it. I will definitely tell you all more as soon as I can.

Second I got to see a bunch of people that I love this weekend. A friend of ours got married and gosh it is always good to see people that I care about happy. Does my heart good and reminds me that there is good in this broken and hurting world. I didn't really tear up the dance floor like I have had some weddings but I loved watching my friends have fun. Sometime I enjoy that more than anything else because I enjoy seeing my friends be so unashamed to be themselves. And of course I just love seeing their faces and being around them. I was reminded yet again that God has gifted me with incredible friends that are so giving of themselves and their love. They inspire me to be more open, more compassionate, more loving, and so much more.

Third I got to meet a former board of trustees member for the college I work at today. He is one of the names and faces that often come across my desk and has become someone that I feel like I know just from reading his writings. It was so fun to meet him in person and get to know him a little bit. And I loved that we had what he was looking for. Hearing some of the history of the college from his mouth as he described things he lived through was exhilarating. I love that learning about and hearing history told through personal stories has become one of my favorite things. It was also very nice to hear him compliment our library and the work we have been doing to make it better. His words of encouragement are some of the many that I have added to the truths that people try to speak into my life and that I am trying to hold onto and listen too wholeheartedly.

As he did a year ago God is trying to show me why I am here. Why he knew this would be good for me. Why he brought me to this college at this time.

Even though it still does get hard I am so grateful that God lead me to this place.
I find that here he is reminding me of my worth and value if I only take the time to listen.
 May you find that he is doing the same with you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day