One Year Here

First a few little updates -

I have a scope on Friday. Depending on the size of the polyps I have in my stomach this time they should be removed during the scope. If they are really big I might have to schedule another scope later.

Also I got into a car accident last night. Just me and my car misjudging traffic and then not wanting to hit a semi. Luckily I was going slow enough that hitting the road divider wasn't that big a deal (my air bags didn't even deploy.) But my car still needs work done to it. And it still was no fun. But no one was hurt or sent to the hospital because of my mistake and so I am trying to look at the good instead of the bad.

Anywho...

This weekend was a lot of fun. I stayed home Friday night with the intention of going to see the hot air balloons here but then after work was so worn out that I didn't want to leave my house. So I didn't. Then Saturday I headed to mom and dad's so we could go out to my grandpa's cabin that night for a birthday party for my brother. Then the next day after church mom, dad, and I headed into Elmhurst for a surprise party for one of my dearest friends. (My accident happened after all of this when I was on my way back to my home.) It was nice to celebrate people that I love and care so deeply about.

Also today marks one year in my current place. I moved for a job that I am also celebrating one year at. Technically my actual start day was the 3rd but close enough.

I'm not going to lie and say being here as always been great. What has always has been is hard but there have been some bright moments. For example I love the majority of the people I work with. I think I work at a great place with great people who genuinely care about each other. I have different groups that I call my work moms and my work dads. That is a bonus. Also a lot of those same people have been cheerleaders of mine celebrating the things I have been able to do and celebrating the things I know. When I am so quick to devalue myself they have been great at reminding me that I can do good things. Also most days I really love what I am doing. Some days it's hard. I tend to get a little lost in all my projects but most days I love that I get to go into work for a job that I love doing. I love being a librarian.

Look I don't always see it or acknowledge it but God always knows what he is doing and knows how good things will be for me. Even when I think they are bad he knows how I will benefit from them and gently pushes me into doing it. 

So even when it looks sucky I will keep following him because I know my Heavenly Father only gives good gifts.



Thanks for staying tuned during this journey ya'll. I am sure it hasn't always been fun listening to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day