Goodness of the Lord

I feel like my brain doesn't work today so you will ahve to forgive me if nothing I write makes sense.

I have spent the whole weekend doing nothing at home. I haven't gotten to do that since June and it has been so nice. I don't get me wrong I love going home and seeing my family and friends but I also love sleeping all day and not having anything scheduled. This weekend has been a much needed break for me and at the moment I don't want it to end. But you know work - so it has to end.

Here's the thing. I love my job. I do. But not having the summer off and being more busy during the summer than the rest of the year had me not feeling ready to welcome the students back this week. But we did and it was fine. I'm just tired man.

Anyway work - it's been nice to see that I am more confident this year about things that I was terrified to do last year. Not feeling anxious about students coming back or answering their questions was nice. Makes me feel good to see how far I have come.

It's also been nice to see even just with the three people I work with how my work in archives has effected them. For example my supervisor can go in the archives room now and find what she is looking for along with other things. A year ago I remember she would go into the archives room and come out a few minutes later frustrated and asking the lady I work out front with where things were. It's nice to feel like what I have done has helped bring her some peace and calm. Plus I think now she feels like she can trust that what she is finding is what we have. 

I don't know I just have been having a good week and noticing a lot of different things like that. Noticing that I am good at my job and I enjoy it. Noticing again that God had a plan in bringing me here and not just bringing me here but bringing me here at this time. A time when my skills can be useful for the things that are happening at the school. It feels good to see that my gifts, the tings that have always been second  nature to me, can be so helpful.

And I have been thinking about when I was really sick and even before that when I was trying to figure out what God had in store for me how I would cling to Psalms 27:13 - 14:
"I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord."

It feels really good to feel like I am living on the other side of that. To live where I am seeing "the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  To live where even when I am feeling down he shows me in such clear unavoidable ways how he loves me and is thinking of me. 

May you see that this week as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day