Quick Post

This week has been ok.

Students come back tomorrow so people have been stressing out and freaking out about that.
And the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the college is coming up in about a month so people are stressing out and freaking out about that.

And I all too often put pressure on myself to make it so that others don't stress out or get to the point of freaking out. But that's really not my job and then makes me stress out and freak out because it is also not in my control what others emotions are going to do.

I have been thinking about how I have been sharing some triumphs lately and I want it to be clear that I am not doing that too brag. Like I don't say that I am great at my job as a brag.

I say it because I need to remember that. I am 100 times better at remembering the bad things and the times I have messed up than I am at remembering the good.

I have been feeling like if I vocalize these things and talk about the good I have been doing maybe I will remember them. If not then at least those around me can remind me when I start to get down. When I start to think "Am I useful?" those that have heard what I have done can say "Yes, remember when..."

I feel like if I give examples of when I have felt like I am doing good things then when those around me try to encourage me with those I won't be able to shake those comments off as easy if at all. Instead hopefully I will remember how I felt accomplishing those things and the compliments I got when helping people.

Those are the things I long to hold onto and am trying hard too.

May you hold on to the good as well and not dwell on the bad. And may those around you remind you of the good things that you do.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day