Known and loved

Guys I can't begin to tell you how great the last 32-ish hours have been.

Seriously.

Ok so we had the 50th anniversary celebration of the founding of the college yesterday (Saturday) and I have been working with my colleagues for months trying to get all the displays and such ready for this event. Getting some of the things set up last week felt really good and then yesterday seeing people look at the different things and talk about their own memories was a lot of fun.

It was fun to see people and think oh that's so and so who taught this subject. Things that I know from working in archives daily, seeing their faces in photos, and reading about what they did. It was nice to see all my hard work on display showing off the school and it's history.

And though that was super cool it was made so much better by the fact that my family came for it.

My parents and grandparents (mom's side) came down before the event so that we could go out to lunch. Then while I was showing them around the school so they could see what I worked on and see some of the different buildings/departments/demos my brother arrived earlier than I thought he was going to and showed up with my nephews. 

And if that wasn't great enough - while we were walking around the campus I would introduce my family to people I work with or who have been encouraging at work and so many people had such nice things to say about me. Unexpected, unsolicited, wonderfully kind things to say about me and the work I have been doing in the library and in the archives.

Yesterday and today during the day found me laughing more than I have in a while as I have shown my family my school and then my town (my grandparents love that my town has so much history to it and preserved in many parts of it). And last night and tonight finds me a bit overwhelmed and crying - both in a good way. Because I have been reminded in this one thing how loved I am.

A school event held at my place of work turned into a family event so that my family could celebrate me and the hard work I have been doing.

That has been an incredible feeling and is outweighing any of the good things people at work have been saying about me. I feel like I don't quiet know how to explain how that has spoken to my heart.

But this whole weekend has helped me to step back and see all of the things I have accomplished. To see the bits of good that I have been doing in my own way.

And to see that I am known and loved.

May you see this week that you are known and loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day