Guest Post

It smells like spring outside and I love it! The sun, man, it always lifts my spirits.

I have no idea what to write today so instead I am going to post a little something mom sent out a few weeks ago as an encouragement. I figured since she did a guess post once before that having her sort of do a guest post this way would be good.

So here it is from the heart of the momma of a real life wonder woman (which makes her a stronger hero and a force to be reconned with) -



I remember the day pretty well, it was June of 1991, my baby was 21 months old.  She was being airlifted to Rockford Memorial Hospital.  That day changed everything for our family.  Did I pray?  You bet I did.  I wanted God to heal her, fix this situation…but I also asked that He renew me, cause me to cling to Him more.   He did that and more.
Matthew 7: 7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
You see, God didn’t heal Abby that day, or the next 7 weeks in the hospital, or even the next 25 years.  I asked and asked…but I did get to a point of changing my prayers.
Isaiah 55:8 & 9“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”
Our situation caused us to look at the “Good Gifts” that God wanted to give us.  Caring friends, helpful family, a grasp of life’s goodness, changing our attitudes – more caring, more patient, able to endure, knowing He will carry us through everything, and the opportunity to meet people and share the love of Christ that we never would have had. 
Have you ever wanted God to just write in the sky His directions for your life?  Or maybe you faced something really difficult and didn’t understand why God allowed it to happen?  We want things easy…enough money…a nice house, job, car, schooling…good health…good friends…good family
If you face difficulty, why not look at it as an opportunity to become more patient, or compassionate, or prayerful, or as a time to praise… We need to start looking at life happenings from God’s perspective…it might make us better friends, better people, more loving, more caring, more industrious, more patient, have more endurance, more strength, more love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day