Freeing

Hey all,

So this week at work I decided to wear heels everyday. And some of you might think and...?

But here's the thing I haven't done that ever. At first I was nervous that with all the problems with low energy in the past I wouldn't be able to make it through the day in heels and would end up worn out. I didn't which is kind of huge deal. And even though I own a ton of shoes I have been wearing the same pair all the time in part because they are my favorite shoes but also because I have been nervous that if I wear what I love to wear including heels that people will look at me differently because no one else dresses up that much for work.

But then I thought - why not? I bought these clothes because I love them. And I have always liked dressing up and had even thought for a long time (maybe since middle school) that I look good in a pantsuit. I just love having fun with clothes. So I did it. I wore exactly what I wanted everyday to work without second guessing or toning anything down. Heels, big skirts, the kind of 50's silhouettes that I love. And after all that time of being worried that I would stand out or look like I was wearing a costume I stopped worrying about that and instead felt like me. Like I was showing this is me and people seemed to really like it which was an added bonus.

And I guess I share that to say this - I too often let my fears and worries hold too much weight so that I become my own worst enemy. I become the one telling me that I as I am is not enough or too much or not okay in some way. And gosh that is so rough to live under - it's suffocating. So this week living in opposition to those fears was so freeing.

Hard at times but freeing and worth it.

Freeing and worth it because God made me this way and delights in me being who he made me to be. It's pretty cool to serve that kind of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day