Update-ish on Work-ish

So I didn't post last night because I didn't feel like it. I had ideas that I still have today but I didn't want to do it so I didn't. And that oddly feels like a big deal. Also mom would say that is probably good since I tend to be more emotional on Sunday nights. She has been trying to encourage me to post on Monday's instead. Which really is just another reason why posting right now is good. I don't know if I will keep posting on Monday's but I do know it is an option.

Also next weekend I may or may not post. I will be on vacation and I am looking forward to it. So I guess we will see what happens next week.

So as I have mentioned a few times - I love my job. In the past few weeks I have gotten to do quite a few cool things. I got to talk to people about items in the archives display cases and the history behind them. And people have been coming out of their why to go over to see them and telling me that they look nice. (side note: I also set the timer they are plugged into correctly and I am pretty proud of that.) Then the head of another department called me when she heard a snippet of what I am doing. She wanted to offer her help and unprompted called me the college historian. Then today the new head of marketing contacted me about helping them with I think she said a booklet because she was wondering if we had any kind of timeline for the college. We had worked on one for the 50th and I knew right where it was. And I have to say I really like when people are amazed by the things that I have learned or that they know they can come to me for help because it has spread throughout the school the work I have done in the archives. I like that people can see that I care about the history of the college and they appreciate that. I think some of the people that have been around a little bit longer like that not only has someone taken up that mantel but that I try to do my best to know the collection so that no one has to dig in the archives for hours. They like that someone new sees the importance of this collection and wants to tell these stories.

I also really like living in this town. It's big enough to have some bigger chain stores other than just Walmart. And I also like that since there are two colleges in town the downtown is a fun place to go to eat and to walk around looking at the fun stuff in the stores. And I like that even though it is bigger than the town I grew up in it still has that small town feel. I drive on a back road to work past corn, bean, and hay fields. I love that. And I really like the church I have been going to. A friend from work that has been going there for years has been trying to get me to sit in a different spot but I love that I sit with some of the older people who have made me feel very welcome.

And I have been feeling like I maybe want to put down more permanent roots. Hence the sort of house looking the other day though that was more just for funsies.

But though I love so much about being here and my job I have also in passing mentioned that I have been frustrated a lot. And though I don't really think this is always appropriate I will say this I get very frustrated by my boss. I am sure some of you reading this know how that feels. I feel like I can mostly sum up my frustrations in this - my boss is constantly asking for my help and then acting like I am an idiot once I have helped her. As a few people I have mentioned this to have said it could be because of the three people staffing the library she is the only one without her master's in library and information sciences and she is the head of the library. It is possible that she may feel threatened but I do not want her job at all. She has to sit in a lot of meeting and I would hate that. I love that I get to interact with the students and I am sure I would miss that. Anyway that leads to a lot of frustrations and often makes me not want to go into work even though I love what I do.

So I have been not really job searching but I have been looking at some different lists now and then to see if anything strikes my fancy that I might want to apply for. So far I have not applied anywhere else in part because I really do love working for this college.

Would you pray for me as I try to figure out what to do next if anything. Right now I feel like I am waiting to see what will happen next within the college as some people retire - some people who have made me feel like a part of their family at work. Would you also pray strength and patience for me. I am just about counting down the hours to my vacation because I have been feeling so worn out from my frustrations and I am so looking forward to a break from those for a little bit. But I know when I come back from vacation a lot of those frustrations will still be there and I could use all the extra interceding with Jesus I can get. 
Also would you pray for my boss. I tend to think that she is unhappy in her job as she seems to be stressed almost always. I also tend to think that people should work in jobs that they are passionate about because it makes the stress and the frustrations often feel worth it or not so bad because you love what you are doing. I would love for her to be in a job where she feels that way.
And if you are in the same boat as me or my boss I hope there are people praying for and with you. Knowing that we are not alone is and will always be a powerful thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day