Reminders

Hey all,

First I want to say thanks for your love and support this week as I posted things we have been working on at the library. It's been nice to be reminded that you all think I am doing a good job.

That along with the positive comments I have gotten at work including one from the president of the college has felt really good. That does not mean that this week has been all sunshine and roses. This week has felt a bit like a roller coaster ride and I have never enjoyed roller coasters. Along with the jaw-dropping, incredibly floored, great moments there have been a lot of frustrations. Like so often those low moments have been trying to tower over the great ones.

And so I have had to cling to a lot of reminders this week.

First is this - who I am and my worth and value are not wrapped up in what anyone says or thinks of me good or bad. So while I have loved and appreciated the outpouring of love and support this week I have had to remind myself that even that does not define me. And even though I love being a librarian that does not define me either. Instead who I am in Christ defines me.

Second, and the other main one this week, is this - Fear is easy but love is hard. Fear is so easy to buy into in so many situations. And it is even easier to buy into when it seems like the whole world around you is buying into and giving into fear. But fear breads fear it does not eradicate it. On the flip side of the coin love breads love and love covers a multitude of hurts. Choosing love may mean that you don't see automatic results but choosing fear will most likely mean you will see immediate negative results.


Make the hard choice - choose love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day