Vacation Thoughts

Hi All,

Don't get me wrong vacation was Great but gosh sleeping in my own bed last night was incredible. I feel rested and happy to be home and as ready as I think I can be to go back to work tomorrow.

So while I was on vacation I did a lot of reminiscing on my year in AZ going to school which of course led me to thinking about how sick I was. How much I needed to be home in part because I was so sick. I mean I had to have a blood transfusion the day before my flight to take me back home. That would be the first of many blood transfusions over the next few years. I remember being happy to be going home but sad and a bit scared about how sick I was already feeling.

And I remember listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's Beauty Will Rise album a lot. So it seemed only fitting that while I was on vacation not only was I in the middle of reading his new book (still have some to read but much closer to the end thanks to downtime) I also was listening to a lot of his music including the previously mentioned album.

And that again made me thankful that God gave him and his family the strength to face what they faced and the courage to speak about all of it. Pain is often very hard to speak about but as I have experienced others can learn and be encouraged by our pain. I often am not sure if what I am writing makes any sense but I know God can use anything and everything and so I open my mouth or write in obedience to him.

Reading Steven's book has also made me smile how often he and his family and those around him point out when the devil is at work to refocus their anger and notice the attacks to make the proper battle stance/plan. I think in life when things get rough it is easy to forget who the real enemy is and fight each other instead of fighting the evil one. If you haven't noticed in our current turmoil filled world I have been needing that reminder a lot and I figure if I need it others may too. My fears are not my enemy but the one who worms those thoughts and fears into my mind.

Just some thoughts from this week.

In other news - 

It was very nice to have the time off work and just relax. I didn't think about work at all until I got home yesterday and checked my work e-mail since I knew I would have a lot waiting for me. It was nice to not worry at all about those things. And I had fun with my family. Most days were a nice mix of adventuring and relaxing which I quite enjoyed. I think the otters at the aquarium were one of my favorite things from the trip because we got to the tank before any one else so we got to see all of them while they were very active and social and gosh they are even more adorable in person than in videos.

Also if you didn't read last weeks post you should. I am pretty proud of it. I posted it on I think Friday before I left for vacation and I am pretty proud of it. Also I played around with the layout of my blog (which you probably noticed) and I really like the new look a lot. The banner picture is one of my favorites that Chris took a few years ago. I just really enjoy the barely there sunset with my silhouette. And I feel like the look fits more of where my blog has been going recently. I think the bold Wonder Woman picture from before added to me putting pressure on myself making me feel like I had to share these battle stories full of piazza. Now the look I think makes things feel laid back and makes me feel more laid back about my posts. Hope you like it but if not I do which is what matters.

Hope you all had time this week to relax and be given some beautiful reminders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day