Sick

Hey ya'll,

First - I have gone about two weeks while only taking I think one stomach pill. So that feel really good. Makes me feel like my stomach is finally healing. Though this week it has been acting up a little but I am sick so of course my body is going crazy.

Which leads me to second - I am sick. I went into work on Monday for two hours and pushed myself through them getting done what I wanted to get done and then thought "why am I doing this?" And went home. When you are unsure if any sound will come out when you open your mouth that can make days working at a library circulation desk very hard. It's hard to help people when they can't hear you. Also when my supervisor heard me answer the phone when I was getting ready to leave I think she chuckled a little because it is sort of funny. Anyway I have been home trying to rest but mostly coughing and blowing my nose both of which can make my throat hurt more which kind of makes me want to cry. I did go to prompt care yesterday to get a strep test and it was negative. And talking to different people was very hard and painful. And then mom laughed when I texted her because I told the nurse my pain was maybe a seven and yet it hurts just to breathe.

So fun fact number one about being sick with a cold virus of some sort while also having a crazy health history - there is no over the counter drug I can take to speed it along or help me heal. None. Doesn't matter what it is it will interfere with my other meds. I asked my doctor one time what I could take and he told me the only thing I could take is a medicine he doesn't believe helps at all. So that's fun.
Fun fact number two - the only pain med I can take is Tylenol. I know some of you are like "What really? Tylenol doesn't even help!" Really, Tylenol is all I can take. Other over the counter pain meds have ingredients in them that would both mess with my other meds and damage my transplanted organ. So even though Tylenol does not consistently work for me either it's all I got. Luckily sometimes it does dull the pain enough to let me sleep which is what your body needs when it is sick.
Fun fact number three - a normal cold knocks me out for days. Here's the thing with all my other health problems I operate on average at say a 7 level compared to everyone else's 10 in terms of strength and energy. So even a normal cold that may only be a level two for everyone else kicks me hard. Think about it 10-2=8 so a healthy person when sick is still operating at a level higher than my normal and they can take things to help them feel better. But if I get hit with a 2 I am down to a 5. Also 7 is like a good day and usually I feel a cold coming on for a few days and I am already feeling the symptoms something like three days out so I am not feeling my normal and I am already down to at least a 6 when the cold hits full force knocking me down to 4. Since I can't take anything it takes a lot longer to recover. Really all this to say getting sick when you are already sick takes a lot more from you. If you are sick and out from work for one day expect someone in a similar situation to me to be out at least three days. Our bodies can't fight the same way yours do. Which also makes things like proving you are really out sick from work sort of frustrating because your sick body yet again has to play by the rule of a generally healthy world.

In other news I spent some time with some friends this weekend. I went back to my hometown to stop by my church bible camp to see some friends that were in town for BOND. Truthfully I didn't know at all what my plans for the entire weekend were. I knew I wanted to see them as much as possible since I have been feeling lonely here. But since they are on staff I don't ever want to be in the way of them doing good work for Jesus. So I was going to maybe just be out there Friday night and help with registration and then leave Saturday morning. But ya'll when you are feeling lonely and your dear brother in reply to your "You don't need me here." says, "It's not a matter of need. It's want, I want you here." Then you end up coming back after a few hours spent with your grandpa. And you stay the whole weekend. Because being wanted is a powerful thing.

May you feel wanted and loved by the people you care for this week. And may you avoid getting any kind of cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day