Call me crazy

But I am getting ready to head out to RRBC for Senior Camp...to counsel...I'm not really worried...transplant was about two and a half weeks ago and I feel better than I have in years...

I haven't had much pain recently except for some yesterday after getting the steri strips (tape) off...they took some of my skin with them so that was no fun...but they had to come off because they were barely hanging on...and they smelled bad...

I have been feeling really good though...I have all this energy...and I don't get sick to my stomach or anything like I have in the past so that's nice...I am just taking Tylenol occasionally for the pain...and I know how to take it easy...I also might not stay out there every night...depends on how I feel...I figure I can do a lot of sitting around out at camp...chat with the kids that way...cheer them on from the side lines during the games like normal...so it's either sit around at home and wish I was there or go out and sit around there...so I'm going out...I figure it won't be that bad because I know my body and I know how to take care of it...I have been doing this for 22 years so I have some experience...

My doctor cleared me to be out there...the only thing he is worried about is ticks...but I have never had a problem with ticks out there...probably because I don't really go in the woods...so that worry is for nothing...

I will still have to drive to Peoria twice during the week for appointments...but I can drive myself now so I might do that...because sometimes when you take other people they want to do stuff...and I will just want to get back to camp...

Your prayers for me and the whole camp would be welcomed...

The only thing I have been getting nervous about is what me and my co-counselor Nicole will be talking about in our cabin...I hope my notes make sense to her for the times that I will be gone...and I hope that I can get my thoughts across clearly...it should be cool if I can...I tend to get these ideas that I think are cool...but then I start to doubt myself as camp gets closer...so that's in full swing...which means I will probably read through my notes again...at least twice tonight...

Besides that there is not much to report...nothing really happened at my appointment this week...my hemoglobin went up...it's normal now...but since I have a working kidney in my body now that was bound to happen...all I know about the rest of my blood numbers is that they are the same...my surgeon thinks I am doing great...because I am...he thought we were farther than 2 weeks out (my appointment was Tuesday) because I am doing so well...called me his star patient...probably because I mostly listen...I take all my meds and such...

I am getting excited for camp...should be a great year...and no I am not doing too much...I will probably be doing less there than I do at home right now...because I am always going up and down the stairs and wanting to move stuff around...at camp I won't be doing that stuff...

In the past years I have gotten lectures from quite a few people about going out to camp while on dialysis or whatever...so let me assure you I will be fine...I have been dealing with this sickness for a long time...I know my limits...nothing you can or will say will change my mind...I'm a big girl I can make these decisions...also my parents know I will be fine...they know that I listen to my body and know my limits...I'm in better health this year than I have been the last two and I made it through those...so this one should be great...

Since my doctor and my parents are ok with it I would love not to hear lectures about it like I have in the past...if you are worried pray for me...that will mean more and do more than your lectures...

I feel like God is going to do some cool things this year and I am as always stoked to be a part of it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day