I could go on and on

With stories about camp...but then this post would be super long and nothing would go together...

What you need to know is that as always my brothers and sisters were great at taking care of me...driving me around in the gator...getting stuff from my cabin...making sure I was resting...making sure I was taking my meds...having a lot of brothers and sisters comes in handy when you are sick or recovering...and though I would never date any of those guys because I consider them my brothers being around them does remind me that I want a man with sexy faith...also our camp theme was getting real and Ken shared parts of his testimony in the morning and Rich talked about tough issues at night...in our cabin we applied some of those ideas to how strong women dealt with those things...hopefully the girls got something out of that...I also got to dole out some of my knowledge about girls at guy night answering some of the guys questions about girls and dating...so that was fun...

It was Ken's last year and I really enjoyed hearing from his personal life experiences...and I was so sad I had to miss one of his chapels to go to a doctor's appointment that ended up lasting about a minute because I am doing so well...

I'm only a little tired and sore from the week and it was well worth it...

I go out there and I feel useful and loved...I'm encouraged to use the gifts God has given me and that always feels good...I also love seeing everyone's faith in action...I love seeing the body working together in such a real way...everyone has a job and works to fulfill it...and we try to make everyone feels important because they are...we need all the members to work together to be successful...I love seeing that...and I love seeing all of us encouraging one another...that's how it should be...

Something that really struck me was that this year instead of crying all the time and pouring out my heart because I was sick and frustrated about all that...I was able to rejoice in such a freeing way...I loved that...Lance kept making fun of me on Friday night calling me a turd because before communion by the fire I was laying in the grass watching the sky smiling...he said it was the biggest smile he has seen on my face in a long time...but it feels so great to feel good...also I have always loved looking at the clouds and at the stars...which I did do later that night and saw three shooting stars...there is just something comforting and grounding to me about looking up and taking in God's creation...I've always been that way...

The shooting stars got me thinking about "kisses from God"...in the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge they talk about kisses from God...how God shows himself personally to you...showers you with his love...in the book they talked about someone seeing the whales on an early morning beach walk or other things like that...I like to think that God doesn't send us just once a while kisses like that...but that he sends us showers of love more often that we rarely pay attention to see...like with me I think Cardinals...the birds...are the prettiest looking and prettiest sounding birds...and since we have a couple cardinal couples living in our neighbors bush I get to see them a lot...that is a kiss from Jesus...or the shooting stars the other night...or even feeling the breeze on my face cooling me down on a hot day...to me those are all loving things our father does for us because we delight in them and he delights in us...so look for those things...you many be missing out on God's magnificent display of love for you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day