This one is a bit random

I must not be that good at explaining things or new people have come into my family...either way I am going to say something again that I have said many times...a kidney transplant is a treatment not a cure for kidney failure...yes I feel better than I have in a long time...but I will still always be on meds and going to the doctors office for check ups...and just like everyone else I will still have bad days...I have had some bad days this week...I can go quite a while feeling good but then I have a day or two where I don't feel good at all... because my body is still recovering...we are almost 3 months out from transplant...and although I am being called a star patient I still have healing to do...which means there will continue to be days where I don't feel good...days where I am in pain...and as always days where I don't want to get out of bed...but that could just be because I have a super comfortable bed and I hate mornings...

I just had an appointment in Peoria with one doctor that was pretty uneventful...though I am now down to only needing to get my blood drawn every other week...even nurses have been commenting on all the scar tissue in my arm so is will be nice to give my arm a break...even though I do have that break I do have to drive back to Peoria this week to see a different doctor...this appointment will probably be even shorter...but that's ok I guess...

Another event of the week is that my birthday is this week...my age is finally catching up to the number of scars I have...I always just say I have over 20 scars related to my kidney failure because some of them are hard to count...I have a few that were multiple things but sort of just look like burn marks so I don't really know how to count those...I thought about posting a picture of my newest scar for my transplant but I think I will wait until it's less red...back to my birthday...I never know if I should be excited or what...we tend to do the same thing every year...not that I don't enjoy it because i love going out to Salamandra's for dinner...and I would hate if some one threw me a surpirse party...last time mom tried to do that for a post transplant celebration I spent like an  hour afterwards crying...and not in a happy way...I don't handle surprise well...I also disappeared part of the party by taking off with a friend in his brothers convertible...sometimes I wonder if I don't know what to think about birthday's because I tend to think I am going to feel different or have some great revelation because books and movies always make such a big deal about birthdays...but I sort of feel like it's just another day...I am happy though that I will be feeling better this year than I have for the past couple ones...

So with my mixed emotions about that...and not not feeling good this week on and off...and having one of my good friend's mom pass away from cancer...this week hasn't been the best...and when I am down I like to watch silly things...one of my favorite things to watch is Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory on MTV...he cracks me up so much...so here's one of my favorite slips from the show...hope it makes you laugh like it does me...


Watch it all the way to the end...him running around like a crazy person is my favorite...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day