Tuesday Update

Today a nurse from my GI doctor's office called to let me know the result of the biopsies.

You should know that stomach polyps can be cancerous but they have never thought mine would be. It is still something I try to keep in mind though.

Anyway when she called she said they weren't cancerous. They did however have a lot of iron in them. Which is another part of the reason why my blood counts are still on the low end. I take an iron pill twice a day which it would appear my polyps have decided to latch onto. She also said that the Myfortic, which is an anti rejection med, is causing a lot of irritation to the polyps and my stomach in general. So that's fun.

As I was telling Sheila at the office today it seems like my body reacts to every anti rejection medication. I am on two currently which is normal. I have always been on two. I have been on Prograf the longest. I was off it for a while and on a med called Rapamune. That set off the beginning of my crazy weight lose because of diarrhea. The first anti rejection med I was on after my 1st transplant was called Cysclosporine which was making me go blind. The blood vessels in my eyes were detaching from something, I forget what now. And then I was on Cellcept that was the one that kept the cycle of diarrhea going after Rapamune. I had been on it for years and yet as soon as Rapamune caused side effects Cellcept wanted to continue those symptoms. I lost over 40 pounds on that and I don't have weight to lose. That was the summer of 2011, I think. Now I am on Myfortic which is causing stomach issues.

And I need these meds for my body to not reject my new kidney. The sum of it is I need these meds to keep me from dying.

And I have gone through a lot of them trying to figure out what won't make me sick. So there's that.

I do have surgery next month to get the polyps removed. And I am already feeling the pain of them since he said they are about the size of my last one that was 10cm. That's a lot of extra cells in my stomach getting irritated while my body tries to continue to work around them.

And so I have been trying hard this week to get a new perspective.

Because it is easy for me to look at my life and feel like the story of my life is how sick I am. How it's one thing after another with surgery followed by surgery.

The truth is that is not the focus of my story.

The story of my life has less to do with health issues and more to do with how God walks beside me and longs to be a constant part of my life.The story of my life is a story of never being left alone because I have a God who is faithful and relational. A God who takes my burdens on his shoulders. Every single time something else comes up.

And if I want to be known as someone who praises God in all circumstances then I need to remember that his desire to walk with me is the plot of the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day