Health news and more

I had my blog almost finished and then everything somehow got deleted. I had written how cranky I have been and that just made me that much more cranky.

See I haven't been feeling good and I have either been at the doctors office or been on the phone with the doctors office everyday this week. I am sick of it. I don't feel good and that is making me cranky. I've had a lot of abdominal cramps which have been making the rest of my body hurt. Along with that I have been nauseous 90% of the time. The other day my mouth tasted like throw up all day too so that was fun. So you can understand why I am cranky, irritable, frustrated, and hiding out from the world more than a Hermit Crab does. A lot of time has been spent in my sweat pants in bed because I am still so upset about the news of my stomach. So there's that.

Added to my stomach problems this week is that I might be put on birth control. I went and saw my gynecologist for a check up and mentioned some problems I have been having. She thinks they could be medicine related but they could also be from other things. And so I had a pelvic ultrasound to check out everything. Now birth control has been known to make my mom sick. I tend to react to meds the same way my mom does. So though birth control could fix the problems I have been having it could also cause a lot more. Which is obviously shitty and I am tired of crappy side effects.

As I am sure you can assume I am sick of everything. I still have about a month till surgery to get the polyps removed and frankly I don't want to fight with my body and deal with the pain for another month. I want to be done and that's that.

Other than that I have been thinking a lot about names. Admittedly I already think about them a lot because I think names say a lot about a person. I think the same about nicknames. When creating a character I like to make their name match their personality because I feel like that is true in life.

I have been thinking about names because I got thinking about Simon from the Bible who became Peter. See I have been taught most of my life that God gives us new names.This is mentioned in the Bible; one of those places is in Revelation. Anyway  I got thinking about how I feel like a lot of what I have been taught or understood about getting a new name is that those names are usually adjectives. An example would be something like instead of being named inconsistent I'm named faithful. But when I look at people like Simon he isn't called rock or cornerstone but instead Peter. And I wonder what my new name would be. What name God would give me that he knows fits me perfectly. 

Know I am not saying I don't like my name because I do. I think it's fun that my parents don't have any other reason behind naming me but that they like the name. I like that I am Abby not Abigail. I like the meaning of my name. And more than that I like the story of Abigail from the Bible in 1 Samuel 25. I love that she is giving and generous in wanting to help David and his men. I like that she is brave and does what is right to save herself and those around her. I love that she is humble before David. I love that she acts, even in secrecy, and in that way stands up to her husband. I love that she has faith in the promises and trust in her God. And I love that even the Abby in the Bible has a "I do what I want" attitude. That makes me proud to hold her name.

I like all those things that are held within my name. And I tend to think it fits me well. And yet I still see my own failures that I hold in my name. And so I wonder what my father in Heaven would call me. And I think about how he has erased the negatives that are encompassed in my name.

And it is when I am cranky and fed up with life that I need to listen to him calling softy for me. Speaking the truth of both my birth name and the name he has given me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day