God is Good

 I am not really sure what to talk about today.

But before I talk about anything else I want to ask you all to pray for someone I know. You have been so faithful in praying for and supporting my family and me. I would love if you would pass that on. There is this kid named J.J. Newcomer who is a few years younger than me. Our families know each other mostly through all the health issues that he and I have had. He recently had to have a change in his feeding tube and has been in the hospital. I can most likely imagine what he is feeling right now. And so I would ask that you pray for strength and perseverance. Pray that he would rest in the arms of his savior and hope in the promises that God has given him.

This week I have an EGD (scope) to look at my stomach again to see how the ulcer I had has healed. To see if there are any more problems or if everything is great. Since I haven't really had any problems I would say that I am doing good stomach wise.

I have still been stressed here and there. And I still find myself in tears about all that has happened over the last few years.

Even with that I will say that I have been thinking about how truly good God is.

See as I have gotten more stressed I have had more opportunities to giggle with my friends. I did that with my friend Annette the other night. Kenny calls her sunshine and I have to agree. She has been such a ray of sunshine on some cloudy days. I love that she can be silly and serious all the while exuding love.

It's also been nice that even though we are getting much busier at work we have still found ways to laugh and enjoying being around one another. Sheila does try to make me laugh sometimes when I am making phone calls but it makes me worry less about sounding awkward. And I think being able to laugh releases some of the tension and stress of the job and dealing with customers.

See I feel like now that my life isn't a battle for each new day or even hour that I no longer have the stresses from before to keep me from seeing how God provides what I need. He is always on time whether it is with a laugh or a nap. And today that is what I am grateful for.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day