Encouragement in Unlikely Places

First dad is doing ok. He's home and trying to rest. Like most people in our family he is getting antsy and I think a bit bored already. But I think being bored at home is still better than being bored in the hospital.

Also I have been wanting to post about this singer I started listening to her because I often have her album on repeat all week. I was going to try to incorporate lyrics from this song in last weeks post but then I didn't. Anyway this is Brandi Carlile - The Eye


I like that line - "You can dance in a hurricane but only if your standing in the eye." That is my life story.
I think it should be known that I listen to a lot of singer songwriter types because that is what I grew up listening to and so I will always love that type of sound and the lyrics that often come with. Anywho I think that if you like this song you should check out more of her songs. She recently came out with the album "The Firewatcher's Daughter" and most of the songs are like this one.

In other news - I had a very encouraging week. As I have mentioned before at the society we have been working with kids from St. Anne's on family tree research. The kid I have been helping has been enjoying it a lot and he is one of maybe two that feels that way. He has been getting excited when we find new things or find the names of another generation. So that makes it more fun for me. This week was our last week with the kids so we organized what we found into booklets and then had a little party. Sometimes family members come in with the kids, well with three of the kids. This one mom has been consistently coming and when they were getting ready to leave on Wednesday she did the mom thing of telling them to say thank you. Not that that is a bad thing I just have always felt like you don't really know what thank yous are sincere when that happens. But I over heard the kid I have been helping ask one of the other ladies for something that had the society's hours on it. He said he told his parents and grandparents about what they were doing and now they all want to stop by. He was the only kid to ask that. So they went off to do that and when he came back through the rest of the kids were already outside and he said to me directly thank you. That felt pretty good. It definitely felt like a win and I needed that. I've been on a bit of a high from that all week. 

You see since I don't have a job right now I have been doubting this life path a lot. Wondering if I made the right decision in going into library and information sciences. There are a lot of jobs but I don't have a lot of experience which can be a turn off for potential employers. So there is a lot of time to doubt that I am good at this and doubt how much I love the field I am in. So I need those victories. Those reminder that I am doing the right thing and haven't messed up in choosing this profession. I need those reminders that I am made to do this and that I am a librarian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day