Thinking About the House

On the health side of things this week I have been trying to get a hold of my GI doctor's office. I need to get in for my yearly endoscope since I have been in quite a bit of pain. Since they weren't calling me back I talked to my kidney doctor about talking to them. So hopefully I will get a call tomorrow about going in next week for that. That would be so nice. If you want to pray with me for that to come about that would be fantastic.

Yesterday, that is Saturday, we had a work day at mom and dad's house. The floor in the main/old part of the house was started and I am pretty excited for them. I told mom that while we were working I almost started crying because I am so happy they have this house. When they first bought the house I remember saying that it seems like other people are more upset about them moving then our family really is. Not that we don't have good memories in the house they live in but I can take the memories with me. I grew up knowing that mom and dad wanted a different house. Like dad wanted a house with more land preferably out of town. Mom wanted a garage she could put her car in and a kitchen that was open to the living room so she didn't miss out on anything while she was cooking. Even before dad's accident they had started talking about wanting a one story house so that as they got older they wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs to go to bed. Dad's accident just added to that. They looked for what felt like forever for a house and they ended up finding one that is perfect for them. It has land and feels like it is in the country while still being in town and as an added bonus their grandkids think it has the best backyard ever.

All this reminds me how God knows our needs and how he has always walked beside our family through everything. He continues to be faithful and fulfill his promises. There has never been a time that I can recall where he has not done that for our family.

Life may be rough and full of ups and downs but our God knows our hearts and takes care of us, his children.
And so I say, "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day