Encouragement and Inspiration

I have been at a lost for what to write for a while because I feel like not much is happening in my life. Nothing major is happening with my health. My volunteering is changing a bit - school will be out soon so I haven't been going into the school library. I will just be at the society when I can help since it is undergoing a bit of a make over. Since my grandparents are currently in town I have been spending a lot of time with them.

The only other thing going on is job hunting and truthfully it is a little hard. There are jobs and I am sending in my resume et all. I have gotten help from people on all of that stuff you send in to job openings. But it is pretty slow going because I haven't heard back from any of the jobs I have applied to. Mostly I am just trying to trust that Jesus has something great in store for me. I find that when I have to wait the thing I am waiting for ends up blowing my mind as does Jesus with how good he is to me. I am trying to remember that as I apply for jobs.

Also I feel kind of bad when people ask me where I have applied because I have sort of applied all over in IL except in Chicago because I don't want to be there. I've applied to some job openings around this area and towards Rockford but I have also applied for jobs by Peoria and some more towards the QC. But since I haven't heard anything from any of those places I get kind of frustrated thinking about it. That's why I have been trying to post things this week that have encouraged me. Something I didn't post is that this week I was trying to quickly explain copyright law to someone and I had a moment where I thought "See you do know what you are talking about. All that schooling was not for nothing." I needed a moment like that as much as I needed the other moments of encouragement and inspiration.

In related news I have a hard time feeling like I have done anything good with my day if I have not accomplished something. But the somethings I accomplish right now feel miniscule - like getting a few groceries or remembering to pick up my meds from the pharmacy. So I have been trying to remember that my worth is not defined by what I get done in a day. I have also have been trying to remind myself that there is good that comes from this time in my life because God uses every part of life not just the exciting or hectic parts.

When I was actually listening to K-LOVE this week (which doesn't always happen because I usually have my iPod plugged in) and Francessca Battistelli's song "Holy Spirit" played - that was also encouragement that I needed. And continue to need. Here's the song.


That line "I've tasted and seen of the sweetest of loves where my heart becomes free and my shame is undone, your presence Lord." gets me every time. To says that the King of Kings is the sweetest of loves and that in his presence shame is undone - well it blows my mind that we have that with Jesus. I imagine that is not the normal reaction to being in the presence of royalty - at least from what I have read. And yet we get that - that's crazy. That is what I have been striving for - to spend time in his presence and that be my accomplishment for the day. Admittedly I am not good at that but when I am focusing on that then I am not so worried about how I feel I am failing in other areas of my life. Instead I am seeing more of how he is trying to encourage me and speak to me through others in my life.

I pray that you would have that kind of encouragement this week. The kind of encouragement that reminds you who you are and what you were created to do. And that you would find yourself craving his presence above everything else this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day