Oh man

Mom told me that when I was coming off of anesthesia the first thing I said this week was "oh man." She also pointed out that often instead of sighing I say "oh man." Which means I have been noticing how often I say "oh man" and I can't stop saying it. That has been cracking me up the last few days.

Speaking of anesthesia I had my endoscope this week. It went well. First I will say my opinion of my GI doctor has changed. I wasn't sure about him before but after hearing from Dr. Sader (my kidney doctor that I LOVE. Gosh he is a great doctor.) that Dr. Al-Rahsdan (my GI) said they need to keep an eye on me because I'm a "weird case" my opinion started to change. He is not the first doctor to say that. A lot of doctors have actually said that about many aspects of my health. But it made me feel like he does actually care about me as his patient. Then when we were checking in before the procedure the nurse said she really likes working with Dr. Al-Rashdan and I trust what nurses say. A nurse saying that they like a doctor is a big deal to me and so that made me like him more too. I just have been unsure about Dr. Al-Rashdan because he is all business. He doesn't want to waste anyone's time and I appreciate that. He also seems to not fully understand the jokes we make but that's ok. Anywho the scope showed a few polyps which we were expecting so he took them out which we were not expecting. But what a great surprise! I always forget to say that this removal does not require an incision. What happens is they do the endoscope with a special type of scope that has stuff on it they can use to cut and pull things out of my stomach. But it still took me some time to recover because sometimes larger amounts of anesthesia make me sick to my stomach and make me feel like a zombie for a few days.

In other health news my appointment with Dr. Sader went well. Nothing much to report there. I did get put on a new medication because my cholesterol has been higher than he would like for a year or so. It's basically because I eat a lot of cheese - always have, always will. When mom told him that I wasn't going to stop eating cheese he smiled and said that's ok. Also he told us to stop spoiling Tina, the receptionist, because we bring cookies or pie or something every time. But we are only there every 3 months and Tina was there the first time that Dr. Sader saw us even though we were scheduled with a different doctor who we didn't realize was farther away, sooooo we have to treat her! Also he is not worried that I have had some spotting this week on birth control because irregular bleeding can happen when you start birth control. So yeah, I think that's the health update for the week.

In other news I have still been helping mom out at the house when I can. They are still working on unpacking things and getting things put where they want them. Yesterday we worked on the guest bedroom and built a shelf. Today we dug up some of the flowers and planted them elsewhere - well before it started raining. The previous owners of the house planted a lot of flowers that mom is looking forward to moving around along with eventually starting a garden at this house since she had one at the last house.  After all that my parents have done for me it feels good to feel like I can do something for them.

Also I went to the high schools' musical. Though I don't know many of the students in the musical it is fun to watch the costumes come out and think "my sister made those!" She has been helping with the costumes for the plays and musicals there since she was in high school over ten years ago. It was even more fun to watch the costumes come out last night because it was for Beauty and the Beast and a little girl was sitting in front of us. She got so excited when the yellow ball gown came out. Definitely made me proud.

Overall like most weeks it has been a pretty chill week. I'm still sending out my resume et all to libraries and library boards with job openings. Though I have time to find a library job I still get nervous sometimes. As such I would ask that you would join me in praying that I rest in the faithfulness of God. He always provides and that is a reminder I need a lot recently.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situations, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6&7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day