Because I had an appointment today...

Today's appointment was really no big deal but since a few people have asked about it I thought maybe I should post something.

Mom went with me to my appointment and it was an interesting day. 

Cool thing that happened at today's appointment - I saw one of the doctor's nurse who used to work on 2400 (the kidney floor) and was my nurse. When she saw me she was so excited about how good I look. She hasn't seen me in a year so she definitely notices changes in me.

Negative things that happened at today's appointment - We waited two hours before seeing the doctor which has never happened to me at OSF. Also we were not really impressed with this new doctor we met today but I may only see him once a year if even that. Did I mention we waited two hours - for a 15 minute appointment where absolutely nothing happened.

But there were so many things that made up for having to wait so long.

We went to the Peoria Zoo and got to see all the animals before it rained. We love the Peoria Zoo.
Mom finally got to go through the Australian walk-a-bout they have at the zoo since it has been closed for construction the last two times she and I have been.
She got to walk through the cage of Parkeets or Budgies. Since we used to have Parkeets it was fun to hear them singing away again.
Then after we left the walk-a-bout we heard one of the Koocaburras do a little humming. I may have freaked out a little.
We got to stop at some of our favorite stores that aren't near us like Fresh Market and Target. Then we had lunch at Steak and Shake - I highly recommend their garlic burger.
I also got these beautiful flowers -


And we got home before the bad rain came causing flooding near where we were driving.

All in all not a bad day even with a two hour wait in the doctor's office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day