Short Sunday Post

Friday was my two year anniversary of my second transplant and tomorrow will be the seventeenth anniversary of my first one as well as the anniversary of the day I first got sick.

This anniversary I got some really thoughtful gifts from my mom and it has me thinking of my favorite gifts. This years transplant-iversary gift will forever be among my favorite. A favorite drink (Hippo Huckleberry) special ordered and a beloved book (The Princess Bride) are always a good gift for me. Other gifts I thought of were my quilt from my grandma that took her two years to complete after I got to help pick out my fabric. Something else that came to mind was the year I wanted 4-6 of the Star Wars movies and a dictionary and then got just that. There is nothing really extravagant about these gifts but to me they are memorable.

There is something to be said about the way a thoughtful gift makes you feel. For me there is no better feeling not just of being loved but of being known.

Then I think of the undeserved gift of Alex's kidney.

I have been thinking about Alex a lot this week and struggling a bit. This is hard for me to share and mom has been talking to me a bit about it but I have often found myself wondering why I am here and Alex is not.

I know that is something that I won't understand until I get to heaven and God can show me the big picture. Right now however it is something that I am wrestling with. So I would ask that you would pray for me. And while you are at it pray as well for Alex's family. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day