Awkward Friendships

First I wanted to give a little update on what I talked about last week. I have had some different realizations this week that have made my questions easier to deal with even if they aren't answers to my question. But the realizations have made me less emotional about things which is always good in my opinion.

This week I was thinking how funny it is that I have been going into the society for quite some time now to volunteer but I still get nervous going in there sometimes. I don't know why but I do. They really just like having any kind of volunteers and they know that I am still learning different things. I really have no reason to still be nervous about going in there but I am and I am not sure why. All I know is that sometimes my fear prevents me from going in and that is never a good thing.

In other news my first friend, Daniel, got married yesterday. Gosh it was a beautiful wedding and I am so glad I got to be there. Also his new wife, Caitlyn, looked like a babe in her dress. I know that Daniel and I probably would have ended up friends anyway but I credit his grandma, Anita, for our friendship and many other things. Last night in the car on the way home mom said something like she was thankful that Anita first loved my dad when he came into her Sunday school class so that she could be considered part of Anita's family. And it got me thinking about how our friendships with her family are because of Anita. When my dad was little he was in Anita's Sunday school class and Anita says he was her favorite. Then I came along and Anita loved having me in the nursery as her little "Abbykins" and that's where Daniel and I met. I think by this point my mom had formed a friendship with Anita as well so when my parents originally left Bethel when I was little (at least I think it was after I was born) she told my mom she was not taking her or my dad's names off the members list. As I have known her Anita always wants everyone to feel included and loved. And I am thankful for that. Daniel is much the same way though Daniel is also awkward. Since I am awkward we have a wonderfully awkward friendship. But our awkward friendship has lasted all my life so we must be doing something right.

Which leads me to my next point - I find myself becoming more awkward in my other friendships. Not on purpose mind you. But I often find myself over thinking things and then never really opening my mouth much. It is like all the sudden I have not only forgotten how to speak but how to talk to the people that I know and love. And it is frustrating. I don't know that they would say anything or that they have even thought anything about it but it is something that has been bugging me. But I guess I should maybe take a cue from my most awkward of friendships and continue to be my awkward self and know that lasting friendships do just that - last no matter my over thinking, silence, weirdness, awkwardness, etc.
And who knows maybe I will remember how to talk to my friends once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day