Isaiah 4:6

Little health type update - I have an appointment tomorrow. It's no big deal. It is my two year post transplant follow up appointment. It has not been two years quite yet but they get you in when they can. Usually you go and see the surgeon who performed the surgery but in my case I will be seeing a new doctor because m surgeon moved to New York. Mostly it will just a be a fun day with mom.

This week and weekend I spent a lot of time at my parents house. That tends to happen friends from out of town come to visit. I got to see my brother Cory and his baby - Houston. Then Krystle and her little guy Carter came to stay for the weekend. Mom and I also went with some friends at the beginning of the week to visit Lisa and Dustin and their little girl Emma. It has been a week filled with little kids. Yesterday while Krystle and Carter were at the house my nephews Matthew and Jeremiah were there in the morning and then after super Jess brought Malachi and Ian over.

It was so fun to see everyone and play games and try to figure out what little kids say and my goodness I am worn out.

Besides wearing myself out giggling with kids this week I have been doing my usually relaxing and doing what I can to find a job. I didn't get into the society this week since I was at my parents doing things on the days I normally volunteer. I did get to be creative this week painting this -


So people who stop by can "leaf" their hand print on the tree. Mom and I got the idea from OSF in Rockford when we saw a tree they had by the cafeteria.
Then one of the projects that has been in the works since mom and dad bought the house -



I had the idea with mom's help and then dad figured out how to put them together. I would say I helped but mostly I watched and then tried to find screws that would fit. I did use the table saw thing so that was cool. These were made with things we found around the house during the remodel. I think it's fun that we can bring a bit of the old into the new.

It was also kind of cool this week - for a couple weeks I had been thinking about painting the tree at the new house and a verse to go with it. On the wall that mom and dad had before that everyone wrote on mom always had verses to go with like - Proverbs 27:17 or Amos 3:3. I wanted to come up with something that felt like it fit this wall. I had an idea of a verse and tried unsuccessfully to look for it a couple of weeks ago and then last week there it was. Isaiah 4:6 "It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and and hiding place from the storm and rain." I had been looking for this verse because I remembered that when we were in Belize in 2010 at the Garifuna church our group sang Matt Maher's song "Love Will Hold Us Together" and then the pastor got up and read Isaiah 4. Though mom did not remember that happening when I read the verse for her she said it was perfect for the wall.

And yes the verse fits the house as I can already see that my parents are more relaxed in this house as they don't have to worry about dealing with stairs or trying to deal with other things that were an inconvenience. But more than that I think it's incredible how that kind of freedom is found in Christ. Where we don't have to worry about punishment or condemnation. Instead we can find rest and protection when life is crazy.






That's what I need this week and will be reminding myself that I have.
May you find it as comforting a reminder as I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day