A few Thouhgts from the Week

Ok first my appointment went well. It was one of those appointments where we just talk about food because my blood work was so good. We talked about this restaurant where I live that we both love but we do often talk about food in part because my doctor is always telling me to eat more and gain weight. I like that we can talk about food and not always be so serious. And I like that my doctor takes the time to know me not just my chart. So yeah my appointment went really well.

This week I finally changed the background picture on my computer at work. It has been the blue windows logo thing that comes with PCs. I quickly got sick of it but I finally felt comfortable enough to change it to this-
A lot of people at work have commented on it. About how my sister and I look a like. About how cute we all are. About how tall my brother is. About how fun my sister's wedding theme was. About how pretty the clothes are. And more. And for me it feels good to have these faces smiling at me from my computer.

On Friday the president of the college gave a "Sate of the College" address to say where we are with the budget and not getting funding form the state and where we plan to go. And she mentioned something that a lot of people do - that in crisis families either pull together and become a tighter unit or are torn apart by how rough things can be. And as it does every time it reminded me that I have the best kind of family that at every turn has band together. We get that though life can be sucky and hard it would be harder if we didn't have each other and so I believe we respond like there is no other option. I am glad to be part of such a stubborn family that doesn't accept not working together and being together. And that because we act that way in the tough times it makes the good times, like in the picture above, that much sweeter.

I'm pretty proud of that and proud to be a part of that.
I hope that you feel proud to be a part of your family too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day