Good Things

So Thursday and Friday I was stressed out more than I thought and my body has reacted strangely as always. It is not uncommon for me to get canker sores and cold sores in/around my mouth when I am stressed out. This time I have what look like blisters on my tongue towards the back of my mouth. They are more annoying than anything and from what I read they should go away in a few days. They have made me a bit nervous though so I would love if you would be praying with me that they heal quickly and that my mind would be at ease.

Speaking of being stressed out - I was talking to mom about everything that had been going on at work and she mentioned that I needed to give myself more credit for the things I can do. And I must admit she is right. I put a lot of pressure on myself and others to be perfect at our jobs. I admit that it is ridiculous to put those standards on others but I do not often cut myself the same kind of slack.

So I thought that I would take today to publicly admit some of the things I have done that are good since being here.

Tomorrow I will have been here six months and I already found a church that I like. I don't go consistently because it is hard to go to church alone and sit alone and not really feel like you are fellowshipping with anyone because you don't know anyone. BUT I do try to celebrate the days that I do go because it is hard. And I try to celebrate the fact that I found a place I like and that does at times feel like my home church.

I've learned how to fix all kinds of things around my house. That feel incredible. It feels great to know how to fix even a few things. Makes me feel strong and powerful and not everyone can do those things. If everyone did we wouldn't have people who specialize in home repairs.

I have a great reputation at work. People see me as organized and a hard worker. It feels good to be acknowledged for those things because I do try to do my best at all times even on days when I am moving a bit slow.

This week I found and solved a rather large discrepancy in one of our accounts. The explanation is long and involved to go into everything that happened but at first when I told my boss and the librarian what it was I acted like it was nothing to figure it out. All the while they were amazed and started calling me their accountant and are yet again happy they hired me. I did not acknowledge until that night when I was alone that I did a good job because I did. And I am proud that my two accounting classes were able to help out in that way and have been able to help out in many other ways. Even though I am still sure I would have failed trig and calc on the way to getting an accounting degree it does feel good to feel like I could have been an accountant like I was originally thinking when I graduated high school.

I am sure there are more things that I can't think of right now but I am proud of myself for these things and for acknowledging them. Far too often I tell myself I could have done better or done more instead of seeing that I have already accomplished something good.

As I try to give myself a break may you as well and see the good things that you are doing too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day