Grouchy

Early days = a grouchy BB.

Though construction yesterday also = a grouchy BB.

I didn't post last night like I usually do because I was sooo grouchy and I feel like I have posted too many times recently when I have been grouchy. But then today having to be into work three and a half hours earlier than normal means I am a bit grouchy.

I have been a little on edge because at work we are trying to wrap up the school years budget. My boss seems nervous and stressed about that so I am nervous and stressed about that. I have a tiny bit of background in accounting and somehow that means I am the expert on it in the library and that makes me nervous because I don't take handling money lightly. I want to be trusted to do the job right and well you know actually do the job right. So I have been putting some pressure on myself over that trying to not make any huge mistakes but still often fearing that I am.

And I have been not so patiently waiting to hear the results of a blood test. My doctor often has me take a blood test to check for what is called BK Virus. People with transplants and poor immune-systems can often get this virus and it will cause all kinds of scar tissue to build up in your kidney which is no good. Anyway the tests have been showing that I might have this virus. So my doctor ordered a more specialized test. This test should show if I have the virus or if something else is causing my blood to give that results. It could be one of three things - that I have BK Virus, that I am on too many anti-rejection meds (which is also bad for my kidney), or that the original draw was a bad one that was a fluke. I would love for it to be that I am on too many meds because my doctor has had to lower my meds already so I am on less anti-rejection meds than I have been in years (go Alex go!) but I would be ok with it being a fluke. If it is BK Virus I will probably have to have a biopsy which I hate and then some sort of treatment to get rid of the virus. But this blood test is the kind that has to be "sent out" which usually means we have to wait days to see what happens as they test my blood. And I am no good at waiting. And even though having a virus wouldn't be the worst thing in the world I am still freaking out a little because I don't want to have this weird virus.

So that's where I am at waiting for blood test results - which frankly is often where I am at. I feel like 90% of the life of a sick person is waiting for the results of a blood test and pretending you don't feel sick and ignoring pain while also taking your meds.

As always if you think about it shoot up a pray or to for me this week.

I am glad spring semester at work is over because that means I am working less hours so I have more time to chill out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day