A Few Things

Ok first about trying a new church. I know some of you might be surprised that I tried a new church today because everyone was so nice to me at the last church I tried but there is more to a church than how friendly everyone was. After going a few more times I realized it wasn't for me. So today I tried a new church. Getting to church is also an adventure as it is scary to go to new places let alone churches. I was already feeling nervous and then my pants split when I went to put on my socks. So then I had to extra calm myself down.
Anyway my first impression when I walked in the door was to almost start laughing because they have the same gross orange pews as the church I grew up in. Soon after I sat down an older gentleman who I think was working greeting people came over and talked to me quite a bit and even got me a bulletin. When he came back with the bulletin I told him where I worked and he said his son worked there and I immediately knew who his son is. And then he introduced me to the people behind me and we chat a bit then too. Super cute older couple and we laughed together which is always nice. Then after church started the guy I work with came over and surprised me by sitting by me quick. He was up in the balcony taking the head count and saw me and thought "That's Abby!" so he came to say hello before getting back to other things. Then worship was good. I went to the contemporary service and I thought they did good and I really enjoyed worshiping with everyone. And I like the pastor. Actually mom and I listened to one of his sermons online one of the recent times I was home so that I would know by that if I was interested. I think the pastor is easy to listen to and engaging.
Then after church my friend from work introduced me to a bunch of people and showed me around the church so that I could find things better next time. Also some of the people he introduced me to would be in Sunday School classes I could go to. My friend works in maintenance so I don't always get to see him but today when he was introducing me to people he was telling people how smart I am and how I am a hard worker and that felt really good. Anyway overall really good experience and I am looking forward to going back next time I stay home for the weekend.

Also that sort of ties in to some other things I was wanting to talk about. The past few weeks have had some ups and downs with some students being frustrating. Friday we had a campus wide assessment day where we had session to talk about some of the things that matter for accreditation. At lunch I had a couch whose players were jerks in the library one night apologize to me. So that was huge and after he apologized to me I thought "I need to go find a place to cry now." So there was that. And then I was told that my name came up in a board meeting having to do with archives. Now I don't know for sure what was said but the fact that people know I am the archivist is a big deal and I like that I can show in my way that a library is more than books on a shelf. And it feels good to be recognized for the work I love to do.

Which brings me to this - to those of you that I saw recently who encouraged me to keep writing, thank you. To those of you who encourage me whenever you see me to keep sharing in an open and honest way, thank you. To those of you who read and support what I am doing, thank you.

Sharing from all of me - the good, the bad, the ugly, the gross, the hurt - is hard. Sometimes, like two weeks ago, I get to points where I feel like I will be physically ill over what I sharing. But I believe that the wound is where the light shines through. That in my weakness He is strong.

Thank you for agreeing and reading and encouraging me.

This week through you and others I have been reminded of this -


"You change the world everyday you're alive."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day