Invest in People

This week was much better than last mostly because I am not feeling as sick. I still have a little bit of a cough but I am feeling much better.

In other news mom and dad had an open house at their home yesterday to thank the people that helped with it. It was fun to catch up with people and remember what the process was like. And I still think it's fun that people can't believe the whole front of the house that is now one big room used to be 5 very small rooms.

During the open house I got thinking about how my parents interact with people. I love that even though people came over to celebrate with them and see the finished project my parents still took time all throughout the day to invest in other people. My parents love to ask people about their lives. And not just "how are you" type questions but questions that show that they know and are invested in those around them. My parents get that life is hard for everyone and that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. My parents want to show others that in the midst of that they are not alone and that they are cared for. 

I tend to think it is those types of connections with each other that will change the world. Connections and conversations that say "I see you as a hurting, worthy of love human being. I understand and I am here for you."

I encourage you to be that for one another no matter what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day