Growth

Hey there,

Not quite sure what to post about this week.

I am sure some of you saw that I worked outside on my house this weekend trying to take care of the yard. I did overdo it and I don't know how I didn't pass out either day. But I'm mostly fine now so whatever. Ha. Even though I overdid it it does feel very good to have those things done. I knew it would feel good to have my own place and be investing in my own place with every little thing I did. But it is feeling even better than I imagined. So even though I did more than my sick body can totally handle I do feel very good that I am taking care of my house. That is a confidence booster for me.

Speaking of confidence. I recently realized that some of what I thought was confidence in myself has actually been pride. And that pride has been causing me to have negative thoughts and emotions about a lot of things. The majority of those things focus around my job and when you are negative all day at work that is no fun.

Now I am glad that this was made clear to me but it is a little frustrating only in the aspect that I thought I was finally doing better with my self confidence levels. So this feels a little bit like a big ole step backwards. In the last few days I have been trying to remember the good things that I can do while also trying to remember that just because I may be good at something that does not mean I am in anyway better than anyone else.

These are some hard realities to face and hard things to try to work through. I would so appreciate your prayers if you happen to think of me.

Growth can be painful but I would rather grow and become who God sees me as instead of not experiencing the pain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day