This week has been pretty good

But there is something you should know before I talk about my fun week...no matter how good a day or week I am having the realities of my life are still under it all still making me feel overwhelmed at times...here's what I mean by the realities of my life...this is not my home heaven is and I will have a constant longing to be there no matter how good this life on Earth can be...something will always feel like it's missing or not right on this Earth because it's not my home...it's sort of like this song I am currently obsessed with by KT Tunstall called Throw me a Rope (if you look it up listen to the acoustic version)...it really is a love song but the beginning of it makes me think of how I feel about Jesus and being in heaven when she sings "I want you between me and the feeling I get when I miss you and everything here is telling me I should be fine"...the other reality that is the one that tends to be more overwhelming is that I will always be sick till the day I go home to heaven...no amount of pills or surgeries or doctors wisdom will change that...as long as I am breathing I will be dealing with health issues...depressing at times yes but it's true and seeing the truth in that can make the sweet things of life much sweeter no matter how fleeting or temporary they are...so even when my surroundings and even the majority of my emotions are telling me I should be fine I still at times give into the feelings of wanting to cry and be frustrated with life because this life can be overwhelming...

Anyways back to why my week has been so good...first since people always want to know about my health even though I am more than a giant walking kidney I will tell you I have been feeling pretty good for the most part...pretty tired as per usual getting more and more used to that...my feet and legs are swelling up quite a bit again which has been pretty painful at times this time around...but I have been put on more and more weight...I less than 10 pounds to put back on to get back to what I was at before all this pooping all of my insides out mess...and that's all you get for a kidney update because I am more than my health issues I am a person...sometimes a boring one but still a person who does do things besides go to the doctors office...just saying...

So even though I posted on Monday I still want to tell you a little about Sunday night...I was out at the Kerr house for a couple hours spending some time with my other family...frankly I loved it as per usual...I hadn't been over there in a while and I missed them and being at their house and chatting about life and other silly things...when I went over Garrett was watching the Harry Potter marathon on ABC family...so even though I am not a HP fan I watched it with him...Nicole was jealous...after the one we were watching got over with we put in Remember the Titans one of the best movies ever...and we watched it on VHS which was totally awesome...I forgot how the picture can sometimes be jumpy when you are watching a VHS because of the tape...we were joking like the whole movie about the great HD picture quality...then after the movie Papa Mama and I got talking which was nice and then Papa started talking about all these things from the past that he thinks about like sleeping in a TP...let me just say I had not laughed that hard in a while...he's such a dork and I love it...and I love that his sons take after his dorky ways at times...it's cute...

Then sometime at the beginning of the week I forget when mom bought me a $10 baby pool at Walmart...best $10 ever spent...I love that dumb baby pool...we use it all the time...when we don't use it I am constantly looking out the window at it...one time I did that I think it was dad asked if I was checking to make sure it was still there and I told him I can't help but look at it because it makes me smile...I love sitting out in the yard with my feet in the pool while reading a book...it's relaxing and gets me out of the house for a while and sitting in the sun getting some vit D feels great as well...

My music listening habits for the week have been uplifting and fun as well...I have been listening to Natasha Bedingfield's

Thursday overall was a great day...Nicole came over and we helped mom get ready for the Belize reunion party we had at the house...we stopped at the store in the morning to get a few more things and even though I was having a pretty good day I decided to buy myself some flowers...I know this makes me a typical girl but there is something about having flowers in the house that makes me feel good...makes me smile...makes me feel beautiful...anywho Nicole and I threw around some lemons to soften them up for the lemons shake-ups we made...we really were throwing them...which was fun and made the whole house smell like lemons which was amazing...while we were doing that and other things to help mom make the meal we were listening to Jason Gray's CD Everything Sad is Coming Untrue...we would laugh and laugh and I would sing a long when my song came on...it's titled How I Ended up Here...the opening lines are "there's something I need to confess at the risk of exposing my faults see I'm starting to find that most of the time I just don't like people at all"...hahahahaha...it's pretty great...that's me...well sort of but I have known for quite some time that I don't really like people all that much...I think part of that comes from being basically an experiment for doctors for years...don't feel bad for me...I just don't like being around people that much and it's no big deal...that's just how God made me...that's right I just threw out the God card now you can't judge me or feel sorry for me...hahahaha...in the words of Penelope from the movie of the same name "I like myself the way I am" and if I have no real problem with it I don't really see why you should either...later people started showing up...Danny and Kenny who I talked about in my last post were here (they get pretty crazy around each other but I love it...I even get sick of being around them though) and Papa Kerr and Garrett (can't lie they are two of my favorite people) and of course Nicole was here even though she had to leave for a while to go to volleyball and work...other people that came were the twins which is Leah and Jordan Hannah Kelly was here and Kyra and Kyle and Mini came before and after soccer practice for a little bit...of course my mom and dad were here too...we spent the night talking and joking and laughing and reminiscing which of course was a blast...

Friday morning Kenny was still here for a little bit so he got to see more of my nerdy side...he went to the library with me even though I told him he didn't have to he still tagged along...I'm pretty sure he thought it was really funny when I would pull a book off the shelf and say "this looks interesting...oh wait I've already read it" then putting it back on the shelf...he found out that I have read probably over half the books just in that one section which is super nerdy of me...and he found out that I like to go home with four books because I can read fast...case in point we got back from the library around noon (he also found out that I could spend hours in the library even though we didn't) and by the end of the day I had already finished two of the four books...I finished another one yesterday and I haven't started the last one yet...but during that time I was also writing and watching movie and doing other things not just reading...like I said I'm a nerd and I'm ok with that...I just love that Kenny got to see that side of me more...I think that people don't always expect me to be so nerdy because I don't look like the stereotypical nerd from movies or books...I love when they find out the truth though...

Saturday was probably the best day though...I went with Nicole to see the movie Crazy Stupid Love...it was so good you should go see it...we have been quoting it nonstop...we didn't stop laughing through the whole movie it was just so great...I don't even know what else to tell you about it except to say again that you should go see it...Nicole's newest imaginary boyfriend was in it Ryan Gosling...he has been one of her favorites for a while but after seeing the movie he got moved to the number one spot...even though he's 30 and she's 17...plus he's six feet tall and she's well not...but I don't have much room to talk since my imaginary boyfriend is Zachary Levi aka Chuck from the show Chuck...he's also 30 where I am 21 and he's like six two in height and I am just over five two...but he loves Jesus so that's kind of a big deal...I only know that cause Nicole and I are border line creepy stalkers...we look up stuff about them and watch movies they have been in and make up these crazy plans about how we will meet them and how we will get them to fall in love with us...we know we are crazy...that's how I know Zachary loves Jesus though cause of this really awesome quote on wikipedia about what he believes...even though I joke about him being my imaginary boyfriend I know I will never actually meet him which is no biggie...if I did I wouldn't pee my pants or be speechless or anything though...I am pretty sure only two people on this plant could get that reaction out of me if I met them and those people are Pat Benetar and Pink...I know they are kind of naughty but I love them...I love that they are confidant independent woman who don't take anyone's crap or follow what anyone tells them about who they should be...sometimes I feel bad for people (mainly Christians) because they don't know what they are missing out on by not listening to singers like Pink or Pat Benetar...sure these people don't always have the best moral compasses and listening to them is like against some lame unspoken "rule"...but that doesn't mean they don't make beautiful music or have things to say that are worth hearing...just my thought on that...

Well that's what I got...I know it was a bit nonsensical but it feels good to talk about good things and to talk about me without talking about my health cause there really is more to me than that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day