We left the house at 8 in the morning

And didn't get home again until about 1:30 AM...

I'm not really sure what all to tell you about the day...we were packed and prepared for whatever including the doctor to send us to Peoria (our appointment was in Princeton) first I got my blood drawn and my shot...the dose was really high since my hemoglobin was 5.9 the lowest it's ever been...needless to say it killed...I was trying so hard to relax but that didn't work so well...I like to think I am pretty tough and can handle pain well but my automatic response to the shot is to want to cry because it hurts so much...I don't really know how else to describe it but to say it feels like my arm is on fire...and then my arm feels numb for quite a while...then every litte bump or nugde brings back the orginal pain...after that we went and saw my kidney doctor...

First we talked about my diarrhea and how much weight I lost...so he decided to change me back to the anti-rejection meds I was on before I came home from Arizona...they changed me to a newer anti-rejection medication thinking it would help slow down the process of my kidney failing but it didn't so they are switching my back to the anti-rejection med I was on for years...I start back on that on Saturday...right now we are waiting for the other med to work it's way out of my system...the fiber seems to be working as well and the doctor helped us figure out how much I should be taking a day so that was nice because we were just guessing so having some sort of direction in that area is a helpful...

Then we told him about my hemoglobin being 5.9...the nurses at Princeton were calling Peoria since that's the office he normally works out of...he really didn't like that and talked right away about giving me a blood transfusion as soon as possible...so his nurses and the nurses with my family doctor in Dixon got that all set up at KBS so that we didn't have to go to Peoria just for a blood transfusion...

We also talked about how I have like no appetite most of the time and that food tastes funny sometimes...my kidney doctor also didn't like that because that means kidney failure...so that combined with my blood and some other things means that my kidney function is actually around 15%...at least that's what he thinks...he said that if my appetite doesn't improve and I am still losing wieght within the next week to call right away so he can squeeze an appointment time with me into his schedule and then talk about and get started on dialysis...he seems pretty concerned...

I also have a doctor's appointment with a transplant doctor next month so we will see how that goes...I have quite a few things I have to do before then like go to the dentist and other doctor check-up stuff that you have to do before you have a transplant...

After the appointment we came back to Dixon and went to KSB for my transfusion...a transfusion that should have taken like 4 hours once they started the blood but it took 8 hours once they started the blood because they went so slow...obviously it was super boring sitting in the hospital for so long...but we had some vistors so that was fun...first Jessica Dagner came up with some goodies from the gift shop and we chatted a little with her...then after she left Hannah Jacobson came up with some more junk food...and hung out for quite some time...then Papa Kerr and Garrett came up followed by daddy...we laughed a lot and having them around made the time go a little faster...soon after daddy left a helicopter came in and we had a front row seat to see it so that was cool...then everybody left and they started my second unit of blood...by then it was about 8 and it was getting super boring...last four hours drug by even after Garrett came back for a little bit...then as previously mentioned we got back home around 1:30 in the monring so that was awesome...

After getting some blood I feel much better today still pretty tired though especialy since we were up so late last night/this morning...a lot of people sent me messages on facebook or wrote on my wall or sent me texts...that was super nice...thanks for all the prayers and lovin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day