Obviously I want to talk about the wedding

But there are some other things I want to say first as well...

Well really it would more be like multiple things about one topic...that topic is my mother...people always commend me for how strong I am and whatever whatever...but I think people forget how hard it would be to be the parent of a sick kid...and have to take care of them all the time...and now on top of that mom has to take care of dad too...the things she does for us are incredible...like this weekend...she packed the car making sure we could get our stuff in there and dad's wheelchair and then every where we went she had to find a handicap parking spot or make one...and then she had to get his chair out of the car...and at the hotel she had to be the one to get his bed out...and that's not even all she did...she does so much and she gets overlooked so often and that frustrates me and saddens me...I hate that we are such forgetful people and I hate that she feels so left out so often...and really the simplest things would help her out so much...I always tell you what to do when it comes to me so here are some ways you can help mom...ask her how she is doing...not how dad or I am doing but how she is doing...be genuinely interested in her life...also see her for who she is...people think she is so strong but she has crap days just like everyone else...days when she needs a friend and a shoulder to cry on...not your empty words or to hear about your problems...also she doesn't get enough credit for all she does at all...so give her some encouragement...I know I don't tell her thank you enough for all that she does for me...and though she doesn't do all she does to get praise I know she needs to feel like she is seen and isn't just Lewie's wife or BB's mom...

From me to you mom you are amaze balls...you do so many great things without being asked because it is just part of living in this house...thank you so much for that...I would be dead if not for you...

Also readers of mine...I am not just asking you to do this...I am telling you to do this...if you never do anything else I ask you to do that's fine...but I would be so disappointed if you didn't do this...

And mom I know you don't always like it when I tell people to do these things because you wish people would figure it out for themselves...but we are all a little dumb and we all need help with what to do...take the encouragement as it comes...be open to the words that people say...it might help more than you think it will...

Now...I went to a wedding this weekend...and I had so much fun dancing with some of my friends...they pretty much had to drag us off the dance floor to get us to leave...and then we were still dancing while getting our coats and stuff...here's a little taste...


Now I know there is nothing special or different about us as we dance...we are just friends having a good time...which well a lot of people do...but gosh I had so much fun...and I love these people so much...

I don't even really know what to say about the wedding...my friends Seth got married to his girl Carrie in the church that his parents got married in so that was cool...also we were really loud before during and after the wedding...like most of the people...not just a few...everyone was just so happy for them and wanted to celebrate...and then Carrie's sister and mom and some other lady (another family member maybe) sang and her brother in law played guitar to In Christ Alone...made me feel like we were having church up in there and it was so great...just such power and truth in their voices as they  sang...loved it...then at the reception I got a new nickname because Jakey and I kept peacock calling to Seth and Carrie...we had to put up with Seth's mom's peacock waking us up all those years so we decided to bug him with the sound too...anywho instead of being kool-aid lips I am now peacock lips...love that too...and then I got to dance the night away...it was fun to let lose and not care who was watching us...even though it did feel like part of the time that a lot of people were since we were the only ones on the dance floor a lot of the time...whatever they were missing out...

Once upon a time my best friend said that she liked going to wedding were you could feel the love that the couple had and feel the love in the room that everyone has for the couple...it make it feel like what they are doing is right...and you don't get that at every wedding...well at this wedding it felt like it was busting at the seams with love...from the ceremony being at the same church as Seth's parents...to the pastor really knowing both Seth and Carrie...to Chase Seth dogs being the ring barrier...to being surrounded by so many people we know and have known Seth a long time...from knowing what Seth and his family have been through...to the ladies singing In Christ Alone...to Seth singing to his new bride even when the microphone died and he unplugged his guitar...to the laughter and the tears that filled the night...and though I am not saying Seth is Jesus Seth is God's son and to me it was like the whole night God was pleased with what was going on...

"And a voice from Heaven said, 'This is my son,whom I love; with him I am well pleased.'" Matthew 3:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day