He is faithful!

In case you were wondering I feel like I can't focus on anything the majority of the time right now...I keep thinking about how nice it will be to have a new to me working kidney in me relatively soon...

Though I do need to stress a few things...first this doesn't change things for right now...I still have to do dialysis and it's been a little difficult recently with the needles not wanting to go in...and mom still has some testing to do to make sure she is healthy and able to give me a kidney...on a side note if you don't know why she hasn't tested before it's because she has had some heart problems so she thought she couldn't donate to me which she was really upset about...but then her heart doctor cleared her because she hasn't had any problems in a few years...though she matched me when I was little we weren't sure if she would be a match now because my blood has changed so much after all the transfusions I have had to have...which also makes this a plug to give blood...it saves lives for realsies...so does being an organ donor...but it's a bit easier to give blood...and if you tell me about it I will instantly become super proud of you for helping save a life...now back to the other things I need to stress...second a kidney transplant is  TREATMENT NOT A CURE for kidney failure...I don't know ho many times I have to say this for people to get it...I will always be on meds I will always have to deal with kidney problems...after this transplant it is very likely that I will have to have another one...transplanted organs only last so long...all the medications you have to take and just being sick in general wear out a transplanted kidney...but you have to be on the medicines to be able to even have the kidney in your body...that does not mean I am not excited about this all cause I am...I just want everyone to get the truth that we live with...third recovery should be interesting...mom will most likely have a harder time than me because I will be feeling pretty great once I get that working kidney in my body since I haven't had one of those in a while...mom on the other hand is just going to have a lot of pain...should be interesting to see how it all plays out with mom not feeling good and needing to be taken care of when she is usually the one taking care of everyone else...

I am pretty excited about the timing though because I will most likely have a transplant sometime this summer...and I really only have the one thing to work around...camp...I didn't schedule any summer class because I was hoping I would have a transplant over the summer and not have to deal with classes while being in the hospital...I mean I have done it before but it sucks...last time I couldn't get on some of the school sites from the hospital...they were blocked...but now I won't have to worry about any of that...which is nice...and this also means that I should be in even better shape to take on the heavy class load that I have prepared for myself in the fall semester...and maybe I can get my masters done in two years...what!?!...that will be so nice...and then I can start working possibly in the Dixon public library since I have in a good word and I know that someone will be quitting by then...so then I can really walk around quoting "The Mummy" and saying "I am a librarian." (I know it's a weird movie but I absolutely love Evie and that she is a librarian)...

Also possibly coming up soon is that we will be moving into a one story house...which will be nice for the family...it's not for sure yet but we have a house we love and we know the person that will be selling it so we are looking forward to moving in there...so if you wanna keep us in your prayers about that too...that would be lovely...

Gosh isn't it so nice when I'm not being a Debbie downer...since we found out about the kidney match I have been in a pretty good mood that has been unshakeable...I feel like I am constantly praising God for what he is doing right now...and I am also constantly quoting "My Life in Ruins" (also a kind of weird movie but I love Nia Vardalos so obviously I love that movie)...in that movie she will tell a story or something good will happen and she will say to the tourist she is guiding around "And now we dance!"...seems to fit the situation...so that's what I have been doing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day