I'm having a great day

And this time I am not being sarcastic when I say that...

Here's how my day played out...

I left the house a little before 6 as per usual on a blood test day...so I can get to the hospital by or before 8 for blood test...I like to get there before 8 because after 8 it gets really busy and you have to wait like an hour...so I was sitting there waiting to get my blood drawn and had to run to the bathroom while waiting because my body decided today was the perfect day to have diarrhea...then after that unfortunate event I got my blood drawn and headed out to go to Target since I had about an hour and a half to kill before my appointment at ten...

So I get to Target and look at pajama pants for mom because who doesn't love Target pajama pants...I picked out some and then started walking through the store because I was going to kill time there until 9 when a nearby book store opened...anyway I am walking around in there for maybe five minutes...and I am back in the back by the electronics...and my body decides yet again that it hates me...so I walked as fast as I could without looking to much like a crazy person to the check out to pay for mom's pants before going to the bathroom...I made it...not quite sure how I did but I did...I didn't really feel like shopping after that...so I hit up the Starbucks in the store to get a hot chocolate and coffee cake since I hadn't had breakfast yet and went to go read in my car...and yes I had a book with me...I want to be a librarian...carrying a book with us at all times is part of the job requirement...

Anywho I'm sitting in my car reading drinking my hot chocolate and I am like oh yeah coffee cake I should probably eat that...sadly though it had been sitting next to the banana bread so it tasted a bit like banana bread...which is also unfortunate because I think banana bread is gross...but I choked down a few bites then decided to move my car because I was getting the smell of a nearby man's secondhand smoke in my car which was rather unpleasant...

So I sat in the parking lot of Barnes & Noble reading...for like half an hour...before you judge me for being a super nerd you should know that ten minutes before they opened five people were standing outside waiting...this number slowly increased...I think it was up to ten by the time the doors did open...I kid you not...warmed my heart to know so many people wanted to be at the bookstore...I waited in my car until they opened...I mean I love bookstores but I also love the cool air of the AC...and the pretend privacy of being in a car so that you can sing as loud as you want...

I went in the store and knew what I wanted...had to hit up the bathroom first...luckily by then nothing was really happening except for my intestines acting like they were going to act up...I quickly found the books I was looking for...and thought about buying a million other things...like a Dr. Who version of Monopoly for my sister...except we both hate that game so that ended up being a no go...but I wandered another to kill more time and resisted the urge to buy almost everything I laid my eyes on...to be honest that only happened because I already had five books in my hands and didn't want to deal with carrying around more stuff...left the store with my new purchases around 9:30 and it took me maybe ten minutes to get back to hospital...well the doctor's office right next to the hospital...took a selfie in the bathroom to send to my best friend because we think bathroom selfies are the weirdest things ever...so we send them to each other to make the other one laugh...so does mom...then I went up to the doctors office which was full...and then waited and waited and waited...I didn't get into a room until 11 and didn't see the doctor until almost 11:30...

But it ended up being good...the transplant coordinator came in and she was the same one I talked to on the phone last week about the problems I have been having with sleep...and she remembered everything I talked to her about...was asking me detailed questions about how all that was going...which made me happy because I could tell she had been listening last time I talked to her...and I needed that reassurance...then I added in the days fun with my insides being a diva...she asked em how often I was coming and I said twice a week...to which she replied that they had it down I was coming once a week...which made me happy that I could now start that...even if I had been coming twice a week for two weeks to many...then she said she would talk to Dr. Hsu and then call Dr. Sader...then Dr. Hsu came in and asked me a lot of question about the concerns I had called about...which again felt good...it always feels good to know people have been listening to you...he said they would talk to Dr. Sader about the blood pressure meds since in the past they were the ones that were making me light headed and dizzy...he told me to go back on Fibercon (a fiber pill) which I had been on before transplant because my digestive system is pretty much torn apart by all these meds...he also said he wanted me to have another blood test done quick to make sure I don't have a virus that is common for post transplant patients to get...he left and the TC came back in after talking to Dr. Sader...they took me off my phosphorus packs which is good because I always forgot to take it anyway...and they lowered my BP dosage even more...I am barely on anything...the only reason I am still on it is because my pulse likes to shoot up sometimes...along with that I am back on Fibercon...had to go do the blood test to check for virus...and was down to once a week blood tests in Peoria...I left pretty happy and went to get my blood drawn again...laughing with everyone I had seen earlier in the day about being there twice in one day...

Then I got some food and drove home...I got home after 2:30 and was thinking about how long a day it was but how good it was that I barely had to say anything and they made changes...I was reminded yet again how God is in control and he does have my best interest at heart...I had asked you all to pray that I would have courage and then I barely had to say anything to get changes...mom had prayed with me last night and afterwards I was telling her that I thought part of my sleepiness might be how much Prograf (an anti-rejection med) I was on...before my highest does was 2.5mg twice a day but I have been on 3mg in the a.m. and 4mg in the p.m...

But I got home and started putting stuff from the day away...then between 3 and 3:30 I got a call from Debbie my TC for the day...she said my blood results for Prograf had finally come in and they were a little high this time and they were going to lower it 2mg in the a.m. and 3mg in the p.m...which I was so happy about and thought I knew it...than you for working that one out God...and then she said "You come from Dixon right? That's kind of far away. Do you want to do your once a week labs closer to home?"...obviously my answer was yes...so I will now be doing labs once a week at KSB...which is less than 5 minutes from my house...which means I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn anymore...or spend all my money on gas...or feel like most of my day is taken up driving to and from Peoria...needless to say I am thrilled...and I may have done a little happy dance in my room...

Did I mention I barely said anything...I didn't have to be forceful...or anything...I pretty much just answered questions and things were changed...because my God is so good and he works that way sometimes...and it's a lovely thing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day