So here's the deal

First about Monday - my doctor said that my fistula is doing good. I have good blood flow to my hand. The problem might be that the nerve that runs along my arm there could be getting irritated when I move my arm certain ways. He also said that he is not diagnosing me with this but it could be carpal tunnel. He told me to try and notice when it hurts and what I have been doing during the day that could have upset it. Also to wear a brace at night to get my hand to have some time in a normal position. I have done that the past two nights and have noticed that is helping.

As for today - I got a call around 10:30 from my GI doctors office that he has an urgent surgery tomorrow so they were trying to figure out how to change his schedule around so that he could fit that in. He said that since he just saw me and thinks I am fine my surgery can wait. I am frustrated by that news but there really isn't anything I can do but reschedule. So I did and now my surgery will be April 14th. He knows all the problems I am having but still thinks this is the way to go. It should also be noted that my surgery will be at Proctor instead of OSF. We pass Proctor on the way to OSF so it's not that big of a change but the nurse was trying to get me in at the soonest appointment.

So now I have the rest of the week off. No work or school. Which means I actually get to enjoy a spring break for a bit.

After getting the news today I did some retail therapy because after these last couple of weeks it was much needed.

Trying my best to see the positives of this situation even if I am frustrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day