The rest of the week

I am not sure what to write about today.

I haven't really done anything since I got the news on Wednesday. I have Thursday and Friday off because of the surgery and then when that got cancelled I still didn't go into work because someone had already filled my hours. Which is fine.

After getting the news I did some retail therapy. It was nice feeling like I could get some things that I needed like dress pants for future interviews and jobs. So that was nice. And the drive to Rockford did make me feel like I could blow off some steam while driving and singing. That was really nice. That might have been the best part for me.

And I know it might sound a little crazy that I am upset about my surgery being postponed but I really don't feel good. And I had just been in Peoria for emergency appointments because of bleeding.Because of that and the pain it was frustrating to hear that the doctor doesn't think my surgery is an emergency. And the nurse sounded sorry to be calling me to rescheduled. Some people have asked me if I could have made a bigger fuss to get things changed so that I would have had my surgery done. I don't like to make a fuss about health things. I also felt like making a fuss wouldn't change anything. I don't think the nurse was given any other choice and I am not going to bitch to someone who is just following orders. It's not her fault my doctor decided my surgery could be changed.

So instead of going to Peoria for surgery I have been sitting around my apartment trying to convince myself to get things done. I did do a little homework but the truth is that I really didn't get much done. A while back I posted that I had gotten a months worth of homework done and that month is coming to an end. And I have about two weeks until the next assignment I need to get done is due. Which means I still have time but I do like to have things done in advance. Mostly I have been vegging out. And it must be needed because I have been sleeping so much. And I still feel a bit like my brain doesn't want to work even after all that relaxing. I tried to do some writing the other day and hated everything.

Also I have been approved for summer classes so that is exciting. Means I am that much closer to being done with school. That makes me happy. I want to be done not just to be done with school but also so I feel like I can figure out where I want to live and work.

Even though it has been a frustrating week it has also been a pretty chill week and I needed that. And that is what I want to focus on, the positive that came out of the negative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day