A lot of Health Updates

I have had some interesting days and have spent most of the weekend sleeping. Life has been wearing me out.

I have been pretty busy at work. With only about four weeks until the end of tax season we have been very busy.

On another note I have been thinking about taking summer classes. After having to take summer classes while at GCU I told myself I would never take them again. But now I am thinking about taking them because some classes I want are only offered during the summer. If I took them that would mean I would be done with my Master's at the end of summer. Classes are only 8 weeks long instead of 16. There are a lot of positives but I am not sure what all I need to do to be able to take the classes. The way they are described it almost sounds like I would have to apply to become part of the summer program. Since I don't know what all I have to do I sent an e-mail to my advisers and I am waiting to hear back from them. I would love to be done sooner and start seriously job hunting over the summer. Also the more I think about it the more I think about moving to Arizona. Even though I complained about it before I really do love the dessert. I have been looking in California a little bit too so it just depends on where I can get a job. Kind of hoping I can get a job through my Alma Mater in Arizona since they are expanding. For me at the moment that is a big dream. So that's kind of a big deal since I feel like I don't always know how to dream big.

On the health side of things -

Blech it's always such a downer to talk about my health.

I had a bit of a realization this week. So I have three polyps in my stomach that are the size of my last one that was about 10cm. That means it's a total of 30cm of extra mass in my stomach. Which is the length of a school ruler. Sorry if that makes you want to throw up. That's how I feel the majority of the time and way I am in a lot of pain. So I know I can be unpleasant to be around. On the plus side of that it is less than two weeks until my surgery to get that junk removed.

I also called my gynecologist this week because I am having more problems. She thinks I might have thyroid problems and wants to test that. It wouldn't surprise me if I did. My mom's dad had thyroid problems and I think my aunt does too. Also I was on a small dose of a thyroid med while I was in Arizona. Though I think I had hyperthyroidism instead of hypo. The doctor before described it that my thyroid was sucking everything out of my body that it could which at the time was making my bones brittle. So that could be something else I have to deal with.

Also it's sounding like I will need a fistula-gram. What that is is when a surgeon goes into your arm with a needle with a small balloon on the end while taking an x-ray of your arm to look at the arm and clear any material away that is blocking the flow of your fistula. I had one before a month or so after I had my surgery for my fistula and they are thinking I need another one. My body is really good at building up scar tissues. Scar tissue usually ends up being the culprit in my fistula and other places when blood flow is cut off. I called my kidney doctor's office and found this out because my fistula has been hurting a lot recently. I told them that the best way I know how to describe the pain is that it feels like there is a balloon in my arm that is ready to pop. I was telling this to the surgeon's nurse because when I left a message for my doctor's nurse the nurse I talked to said she would leave a message for the nurse of the surgeon who did my fistula surgery. Anywho, when I was talking to surgeon's nurse she was asking me different questions and I told her it gets red when it hurts the most. She asked me if it was swollen and I said no. I know I can exaggerate what my arm looks like so even though I have noticed it looking bigger I still said no because I thought it was in my head. But then mom told me that my fistula looked swollen to her. Momma Kerr noticed my arm looking swollen right away last night too. Which most definitely means I will need a fistula-gram. Though I would like to get it done soon I am waiting for the doctors office to call me back. And I still do have a few weeks left of tax season that I really don't want to call off during.

I am trying not to over think things or stress. Mostly right now I am frustrated cause I feel like nothing in my body works right. I would like to feel like something in my body works as it was intended to. And I would like to not be in a shit ton of pain the majority of the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scars

It’s been a while

After Moving Day